• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hl-2

logan1

Gawd
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
987
ok so now that gamespot and megagames both have confirmed that the RC for HL-2 has been sent to VU games
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/16/news_6107603.html

how long befor we can get it in stores........ also is the preload or whatever gonna be cheaper than the store retail.... cause i mean the guys that get the preload dont get the CD's or the BOX or manual
 
Well, I think Valve is bound by contract to release HL2 via Steam only when it's available on store shelves. Which sux really, I think Steam is the wave of the future and I say FUCK the publishers. Just like the record companies...who needs them?
 
It depends with how long it takes VU to get it's testing done. If done within the next day or so, we could see it at the end of the month/beginning of October. Most games go through about 3 to 4 RC's before finally being published. However, with HL2 being the most anticipated game of the year, that might put a hurry to VU's testing.

Vivendi, being publishers, are going to want to put it out in November, as speculated by some. This is simply because they want to wait for the holiday season to get it in stores so they can rake in as much mula as possible. I think it's just another corporate entity at work. Hopefully the HL community will make them get it out soon.
 
May I add that Vivendi said they'd go through approx. 72 hours of play testing looking for big obvious bugs. If none are glaringly present, they will tell Valve so they can confirm Gold status.

EDIT: Gold status on the first RC is rare. :(
 
fat_al said:
May I add that Vivendi said they'd go through approx. 72 hours of play testing looking for big obvious bugs. If none are glaringly present, they will tell Valve so they can confirm Gold status.

EDIT: Gold status on the first RC is rare. :(


Half life 1 went gold on the first RC.
 
My thing is that if they decide to release the game in Nov, that would be the dumbest fucking thing a publisher could EVER do. For one thing, if I knew that Vivendi was setting on their ass with this game and waiting for extra profits (which will NOT come because of pissed hardcore gamers like me going the STALKER route) I will NOT buy HL2. I have waited this fuckin long and I bought my god damn 9800 for the fuggin game over a YEAR ago and I want this game NOW...not in Nov for all the low-IQ AOLer's who need momma to buy it for them for christmas!!!!

I hope that Valve distributes ALL of their future games via Steam or whatever. I could care less about using up my desk or bookshelve case with empty boxes like some braindead trophies. That is why i bought a dvd burner. And broadband.

So I think we should spam the shit out of the publishers phone/email system to let them know that we hardcore gamers don't need this bullshit.
 
Buckaroo Banzai said:
My thing is that if they decide to release the game in Nov, that would be the dumbest fucking thing a publisher could EVER do. For one thing, if I knew that Vivendi was setting on their ass with this game and waiting for extra profits (which will NOT come because of pissed hardcore gamers like me going the STALKER route) I will NOT buy HL2. I have waited this fuckin long and I bought my god damn 9800 for the fuggin game over a YEAR ago and I want this game NOW...not in Nov for all the low-IQ AOLer's who need momma to buy it for them for christmas!!!!

I hope that Valve distributes ALL of their future games via Steam or whatever. I could care less about using up my desk or bookshelve case with empty boxes like some braindead trophies. That is why i bought a dvd burner. And broadband.

So I think we should spam the shit out of the publishers phone/email system to let them know that we hardcore gamers don't need this bullshit.
I share your feelings. I bought my 9800 Pro in anticipation, and now I feel as though I've been robbed.

If Vivendi were holding the game, I'm sure others like us would be pretty pissed off. Of couse, they are large enough to say "Ha Ha, we have HL2 and you don't!", but they wouldn't want the poor response from gamers.
 
just because this is the first we've heard of it doesn't mean this is the noly RC they've sent, I mean most developers don't even announce that the rc has been sent off
 
its not about having the empty boxes its about having the actual cd with the game on it, not having to wait to dl, or worry about losing your key and not being able to play it...i'm sure its just me, but i prefer to have the hardcopy
 
I too prefer to have a hardcopy cd and the box and everything :cool: gonna get the CE edition.

Also, i'm hoping it goes gold soon and gets an early oct release, but in all hopes vivendi will more then likely hold off til early nov.
 
cant say i feel sorry for you guys who bought 9800 pros in anticipation of the game, theres an old saying that goes "never buy hardware for a game that isnt out yet"

might wanna stick to that next time

although a 9800 pro will do u just fine in hl2 so i wouldnt feel too robbed, cept that you prolly spent 400 back then :(
 
it'll come out when it comes out, if vivendi wants to hold it until NEXT november nothing you say will stop them. if they want to hold off til nov they can just send it back to valve with a list of bugs, cause you KNOW there will be some.
 
To all the people who say they won't buy it because it's been delayed so many times let me just say that you will. No gamer can resist it. Yes it's very frustrating when a game is delayed for over a year. It's like Valve waving a juicy steak in front of you then eating it themselves.

At any rate, I really, really want to play HL2 and I guess I'll just have to wait till it's out, there's nothing anyone outside of Valve or VU can do about it. They know that everyone and their cousin is going to buy it so no doubt they have a team of marketing jerk offs telling them when and when not to release it to maximize the ol' bottom line. In the mean time I'm enjoying a host of other great games.
 
Sanitarium said:
To all the people who say they won't buy it because it's been delayed so many times let me just say that you will. No gamer can resist it. Yes it's very frustrating when a game is delayed for over a year. It's like Valve waving a juicy steak in front of you then eating it themselves.

I'll second that. Some people really need to stop being such drama queens. If it is certified by Vivendi and they hold it for another month in order to maximize profits then I'll have no problem with it. You can't tell me that you'd rush something out onto the market if holding it a couple of months until the holidays would make you a boat load more money.
 
But don't you see guys? If they keep delaying the game it will be outdated. Come on, after seeing those videos of STALKER how can you say they can afford to delay as long as they like? They will LOOSE profits not gain them. Anyone with a pulse in the game industry knows that this is true.
 
cause if i am not mistaken driver 3 was in the making for 5 years or something.........
 
Buckaroo Banzai said:
But don't you see guys? If they keep delaying the game it will be outdated. Come on, after seeing those videos of STALKER how can you say they can afford to delay as long as they like? They will LOOSE profits not gain them. Anyone with a pulse in the game industry knows that this is true.

I'd have to disagree there. I don't think another month would cause them to "loose" profits. Most people who would buy the game don't track its release date as most of the people on this site. They aren't proclaiming their plans to boycot the game if it isn't released immediately. On top of that, whether you want to believe it or not the game probably would sell better if it were released during the holiday season. And on top of that, do you really think a single month would suddenly make it outdated? Technology may be moving quickly, but it's not moving that quickly
 
Stiler said:
I too prefer to have a hardcopy cd and the box and everything :cool: gonna get the CE edition.

Also, i'm hoping it goes gold soon and gets an early oct release, but in all hopes vivendi will more then likely hold off til early nov.


i'm with this guy ^

ditto
 
Buckaroo Banzai said:
Come on, after seeing those videos of STALKER how can you say they can afford to delay as long as they like? They will LOOSE profits not gain them. Anyone with a pulse in the game industry knows that this is true.

Maybe because STALKER won't be out until next year?...
They wouldn't lose any profits by holding it back for another month.
 
Dome said:
its not about having the empty boxes its about having the actual cd with the game on it, not having to wait to dl, or worry about losing your key and not being able to play it...i'm sure its just me, but i prefer to have the hardcopy
Your key is integrated into your steam account.
 
Still, it's nice to have a copy in your hand and to put them on your collection of games shelf and show them off among your gamer geek friends.

-J.
 
GeForceX said:
Still, it's nice to have a copy in your hand and to put them on your collection of games shelf and show them off among your gamer geek friends.

-J.
I guess... I throw mine out.
 
i dont think releasing it one month later will make it sell better, as the people who can't afford it are still going to have to wait for someone to buy it for them for Christmas and the people who can afford it are going to buy it immediately.
 
Eh, how the hell can you throw something pretty out? Man, maybe I'm gay but I really can't see myself throw a beautiful bumpy colorful paper box out. I even still have the original Diablo I paper box and the old SSI Dark Colony box. It was gold painted and it reflected. So hot. And how can you throw out the CD case? Oh god.

-J.
 
GeForceX said:
Eh, how the hell can you throw something pretty out? Man, maybe I'm gay but I really can't see myself throw a beautiful bumpy colorful paper box out. I even still have the original Diablo I paper box and the old SSI Dark Colony box. It was gold painted and it reflected. So hot. And how can you throw out the CD case? Oh god.

-J.
I don't like looking at them and keeping them in storage would be a waste. I still have the cases.
 
kick@ss said:
I don't like looking at them and keeping them in storage would be a waste. I still have the cases.

if you dont like the box you may as well just pirate the game...

i keep my boxes, i think they are cool

if i were requried to throw the box or cd case away i wouldnt buy the game, id pirate it
 
Back
Top