Hitachi Deskstar COD

ashrack

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
145
Just happened to me about an hour ago. I fired up my rig and I got the continuous clicking sound. Very similar to this example:
http://www.dataclinic.co.uk/ibm-deskstar-click-of-death.wav
So then I turned off the machine and started it again and the HDD wont even power up now. Then I hooked it to another PSU and the HDD still wont power up.
Is this normal for the COD error?

ps. Tomorrow I'm going to request a new one since I still have half a year of warranty left on this 2.5 year old Hitachi Deskstar 160GB 2004 PATA HDD.
 
Same "click of death" happened to my laptop drive. It was an IBM Travelstar A.K.A. Deathstar.
 
DRIZZT
Your's at least was clicking. My HDD won't even start up now. It is like it is completely dead. Is this normal
 
Took the HDD to the shop today and they replaced the HDD with Western Digital WD1600JB 160GB.
All I had to do was to wait 10min and I got a brand new hdd
 
Back
Top