Hitachi 7200rpm 200GB 2.5" laptop HDD for $129.99 after coupon and MIR!!!

yenniedn

2[H]4U
This is a very good deal on probably the best high(er) capacity 7200rpm laptop hard drive available: the Hitachi Travelstar 7K200 16mb Cache 7200rpm 200GB.

I upgraded my XPS m1710 to this drive and love it. Fast and quiet for a 7200rpm drive. Twice the capacity of most other drives that come in laptops.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...MC-IGNEFL022108-_-HardDrives-_-L0C-_-22145160

Enter coupon code EMCACCBCH for $10 off current $169.99 price. $30 MIR brings total down to $129.99 plus $5.29 shipping.

I guess ill jsut bite...Been waiting for a deal on this drive. BB has the hitachi external drives and if you get the right one you get the 7200RPM drive and enclosure for even less than this. However I can never stack the 12% coupons on items that are on sale (They never never never never never never do this at any best buy for me.) Total for me comes out to

$178.48

-$30 rebate
= $148.48.

I don't think I really need the space but the performance increase will hopefully be noticeable.

BTW I went ahead and bought this as It should have 3 year warranty and I don't have to deal with BB or specific model numbers or trying to stack coupons and such. I think it is still a good deal. I purposely bought the cheapest 80gb 5400 RPM drive in my X61S because I knew I was going to replace it jsut like the memory and saved over $100 doing it this way. plus I have an 80 gig drive I can toss in an enclosure :)

Great price but I can't justify spending half of what my notebook cost's for a HDD :(

I guess ill jsut bite...Been waiting for a deal on this drive. BB has the hitachi external drives and if you get the right one you get the 7200RPM drive and enclosure for even less than this. However I can never stack the 12% coupons on items that are on sale (They never never never never never never do this at any best buy for me.) Total for me comes out to

$178.48

-$30 rebate
= $148.48.

I don't think I really need the space but the performance increase will hopefully be noticeable.

BTW I went ahead and bought this as It should have 3 year warranty and I don't have to deal with BB or specific model numbers or trying to stack coupons and such. I think it is still a good deal. I purposely bought the cheapest 80gb 5400 RPM drive in my X61S because I knew I was going to replace it jsut like the memory and saved over $100 doing it this way. plus I have an 80 gig drive I can toss in an enclosure :)

That's exactly what I did when I got mine . . . I bought the external USB drive and took it apart to get the 7200rpm 200GB drive out of it. I THINK this voids the warranty on the drive and Hitachi won't cover it any further. But then again, so does lapping all our stuff . . . which none of us seems to hesitate to do.

You'll spend $20 to $30 more this way but at least you get the full warranty!

Pretty good price, but surprisingly not much better than the same Hitachi drive in a USB case @ Best Buy for $139.99 last September. Especially if you used one of those 10%-12% off coupons they dole out all the time.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1222578

It was perfect for upgrading my Macbook Pro, love it! :D

Pretty good price, but surprisingly not much better than the same Hitachi drive in a USB case @ Best Buy for $139.99 last September. Especially if you used one of those 10%-12% off coupons they dole out all the time.

Agreed, BUT: 1) it's luck of the draw whether you get the 7200rpm in the unit or not, 2) as far as I know, I don't know if those are still available and 3) it voids the warranty when you do that. I read that Hitachi "knows" which serials came from their external drive units and won't warranty them if the drive has been taken out for us in your laptop/desktop.

Agreed, BUT: 1) it's luck of the draw whether you get the 7200rpm in the unit or not,

Exactly. Best Buy seems to be selling only the 5400rpm drives atm. The only way to check is by looking at the serial code marked with a DTG or something similar (it's been a while since I looked it up).

except BB dweals are all fake IMO. I have never been able to use 12% off on any item on sale, from anyone working the register at any best buy :).

Back