• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hitachi 42HDS52A Plasma?

museion

n00b
Joined
Dec 15, 2024
Messages
8
Anyone familiar with this Plasma TV? See it listed on Craiglist near me for free pickup. Was told it weighs a lot, but is in perfect working condition with the original remote. Here's the image listing of the back. Was thinking of picking it up.
 

Attachments

  • IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 0
I'm not familiar with this specific tv, but if it's got the stand, I'd pick it up. Based on the manual, the native resolution is 1024x1024, but it takes 1080p input. Movies and tv should look pretty decent, excel and word processing and web browsing will be trash. I wouldn't play a lot of video games on it, HUD burn in is probably too easy.

I've got a 40ish Panasonic Plasma in my bedroom that came with the house (was mounted, poorly positioned, in the master bathroom), and it's pretty nice, that one has a native resolution of 1366x768, but I still feed it at 1080p.

Definitely bring a friend to help you load, and maybe to stablize it on the road. It'll be much heavier than an LCD tv, but not as bad as a big CRT.
 
Back
Top