Hitachi 1TB 7K1000.D $100 fs today only

They're 1TB drives that are cheaper. Prices seem to be cooling down a bit.

This is the cheapest 1TB drive on NE right now, and probably the fastest 1TB drive they offer.

I just can't bring myself to bite on any of these recent 1TB "deals" knowing that just under 2 years ago, I got all of my 2TB drives for under $100...

/sigh

I just can't bring myself to bite on any of these recent 1TB "deals" knowing that just under 2 years ago, I got all of my 2TB drives for under $100...

/sigh

I hear ya. But, considering prices over the past winter, I would consider this pretty hot. Just a matter of time before this one is priced back at $60-$65 free shipping like it was. At which time, I'll probably pick up another one for SnG's.

I would wait. 2TB Samsung F4's were posted for about $110 a drive just two weeks ago.. unless you're desperate. Check out the FS/T forum for some decent deals on HDDs if you're in need now and don't mind used or BNIB from a forum member.

Yeah I also recently bought a 2 TB Hitachi for about $120 + shipping. If I'm getting a big HDD I don't care about speed as long as it can keep up with gigabit ethernet.

Just bought a 2TB Hitachi (7200 RPM / 32MB) today at Fry's for $119. Was in store.

Not a bad deal if all you need is the huge amounts of space!

The only 2TB drives Hitachi makes with a 32MB cache are the following:

5K3000 (CoolSpin - not 7200rpm, 411 Gbits/sqin = multiple platter)
7K2000 (7200rpm, 285 Gbit/sqin = multiple platter)

7K1000.D 1TB (7200rpm, 32mb cache, 569 Gbits/sqin = single platter). This drive is perfect for boot+storage or fast storage to compliment an SSD.

From what I could see in the pics, this looks like a "standard" height drive and not one of the thinner drives. Is that correct? I have a caddyless NAS box that the thinner drives don't fit well in, I have to wedge folded up cardboard in it to keep the drives snug.

Back