• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

hit the wall on the p4

Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
517
I have the 2.6c with the asus p4c800, i hit the wall at 210mhz fsb, with lax memory times(configure by spd) i have the ocz pc 4000 gold edition, it is ridicious that i can't get past 210, when i hear people getting up to 250-275, that is most of the time with memory divider, I can't even get it to run with the memory divider. Any recommendations......
 
Drop the memory fsb the lowest you can get.
Lock your Pci/Agp frequency at 33/66mhz
If needed increase your cpu vcore.
 
Is it OEM? I believe the Intel OEM's are made in Malaysia/Phillipines and are not that great of chip compared to the non-OEM ones (Costa Rica, etc). Or so I've heard.

OEM doesn't come with a box nor a heatsink. If ya got those, then it's a retail version and that wouldn't be the problem.

Definately lock the AGP speeds though. THat'll cause crashes.
 
Back
Top