Hit 4.6 Stable on my 19 Gulftown 980x need help getting to 5ghz

• Thread starter Deleted member 201992
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 201992

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1113670

I can't seem to get past 4.6. Voltage is already at 1.45 volts, no hyperthreading (useless for gaming) Any suggestions? Realtemp says 30-38c idle 65c load.
g7o3n.jpg

dQF4u.jpg

AdwKL.jpg

dNnhP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Stable doesn't mean idling on your desktop. You need to run Linx/Prime95 at least overnight to verify that. If you do that and it doesn't BSOD or something, then I might try to go higher.

Also, take those 480s out of your sig, you don't have those yet. If you do, post pics :p.

Please try not to be a Mike221, hah.

I'm just going to say, you've done pretty well for water-cooling. 5ghz will probably require another mega boost in voltages, and some more heavy duty cooling.

Nice job but not worth losing hyperthreading. More and more games are going to take advantage of threading and I do a fair amount of encoding its not worth it to me personally. I did try to get to 4.6 with HT on and could not get it stable. 4.125 is plenty fast without loss of HT IMHO.

Well it played crysis and metro 2033 for 4 hours fine and 2 hrs of everest;) would really like some help with bios settings.

I need that shiny 5 digit and I need my 120fps in all my games. :)

You could try dropping the QPI multiplier and see if that has any effect. You could also try lowering the multiplier and raising the bclk to see if that yields anything. I don't know if your CPU is going to have much left. There are six cores that have to all clock to the same speed and you are trying to get to a level that is generally unobtainable without extreme cooling.

I'm just going to say, you've done pretty well for water-cooling. 5ghz will probably require another mega boost in voltages, and some more heavy duty cooling.

thinking of lowering fsb and raising multi to hit 5

your going to have to raise to the voltage to 1.21 jiggawatts

oh and something something flux capaciter

crying :( stuck at 4.6 still afraid to go over 1.5volts

Remember , don't overvolt it like its a 45nm cpu. 1.35 is the max you want for 24/7.

Stable doesn't mean idling on your desktop. You need to run Linx/Prime95 at least overnight to verify that. If you do that and it doesn't BSOD or something, then I might try to go higher.

Also, take those 480s out of your sig, you don't have those yet. If you do, post pics :p.

Please try not to be a Mike221, hah.

It's stable :cool:

Remember , don't overvolt it like its a 45nm cpu. 1.35 is the max you want for 24/7.

I'll do 1.45 max. Intel says 1.35 but I'm only gonna keep this processor another 1-2 years.

Try freezing some distilled water... drop some ice in the reservoir to see if lower temperatures will yield a higher OC (just as an experiment).

4.6Ghz is already pretty good... I'd be nearly content (I'd want 4.7Ghz - saying that just to annoy you :) )

Edit: Any details on your WC setup? Block, radiator(s) ?

Seems already to be doing well at 65C loaded, but what is your ambient air temp?

Try freezing some distilled water... drop some ice in the reservoir to see if lower temperatures will yield a higher OC (just as an experiment).

4.6Ghz is already pretty good... I'd be nearly content (I'd want 4.7Ghz - saying that just to annoy you :) )

Edit: Any details on your WC setup? Block, radiator(s) ?

Seems already to be doing well at 65C loaded, but what is your ambient air temp?

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1481553 <--- watercooling thread
ambient air temp is near 74fahrenheit.

The only way you are going to get 400MHz when already on the high end of things is to freeze that bitch.... period. It's about in line with what to expect moving from water. Been awhile since I did it. Moved an old athlon 64 OC from 2.8 to 3.1GHz when I strapped on a prometia. Magic bios sauce doesn't do that.

The only way you are going to get 400MHz when already on the high end of things is to freeze that bitch.... period. It's about in line with what to expect moving from water. Been awhile since I did it. Moved an old athlon 64 OC from 2.8 to 3.1GHz when I strapped on a prometia. Magic bios sauce doesn't do that.

true, im satisfied now. When Core i7 Duo:rolleyes: comes out I'll freeze that bitch :cool:

All is well, not a single crash since my intel burn testing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back