Whenever I record, I get a hissing sound along with my recording. My recording room is very quiet, but I still get the hiss.
My setup: Microphone plugged directly into sound card with a 1/4"-to-1/8" adapter. Sound card is a Chaintech AV-710 (VIA Envy 24). And I'm using headphones while recording.
If I turn off the 20dB boost in the volume control panel, the hiss goes away, but no matter how high I set the microphone slider I can barely hear what I record. But if I turn on the 20dB boost and turn the slider all the way down I still get the hiss.
Any suggestions?
My setup: Microphone plugged directly into sound card with a 1/4"-to-1/8" adapter. Sound card is a Chaintech AV-710 (VIA Envy 24). And I'm using headphones while recording.
If I turn off the 20dB boost in the volume control panel, the hiss goes away, but no matter how high I set the microphone slider I can barely hear what I record. But if I turn on the 20dB boost and turn the slider all the way down I still get the hiss.
Any suggestions?