Hisense 43H7C / 43H7C2 - Anyone using as a monitor?

Eric1285

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone using the 43" 4k Hisense as a monitor? There seem to be two model numbers but they appear to be identical. Amazon has it for $313 right now and Best Buy has it for $322. I've been looking for a cheap 4k TV to use as a monitor but am wondering if anyone has first-hand experience?

I haven't been able to find much information on input lag. There are some reviews saying it's quite bad, yet others seem to say it's okay. The only measurement I found was from an Amazon review where someone did the cloned monitor thing, but I'm not sure if he did it right...he's suggesting input lag of 100+ ms. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information out there, so I'm hoping someone either has one or has found some info that I haven't.

I just picked one up, haven't had the time to really dive into it and test it. I can say that it definitely has input lag. I hope to do some more testing this weekend, the TV has updated several times since I hooked it up, but I haven't done any further testing since then. If the input lag doesn't get better (either via updates or configuring the TV), it will be going back to the store.

The input lag could not be improved. The lag makes navigating Windows pretty annoying, especially if you're coming from a low input lag monitor at 120hz. I would keep dragging my mouse too far and mis-clicking stuff. For some reason in games the lag wasn't that noticeable, I was able to play CS without getting frustrated. However, in a game like Planet Coaster where you have to mouse around and click stuff a lot, the input lag becomes noticeable again.

I decided to use TV for my xb1/ps4 instead (was using remoteplay for them on a laptop before). It has a great picture, and it was relatively cheap, so I don't see a reason to get rid of it at this point.

Oh yeah, another thing worth mentioning is the TV could hit 70hz, and at 1080p there was no noticeable input lag.

Back