• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HIS

Vashypooh

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
2,542
Is HIS any good?

I am looking to spend 190 on a new card, and they have a 4890 at the egg for 190 and $10 MIR I am looking at.

I have had HORRID experience with ATI cards heatsinks and warranty, but those were all through Sapphire.

Thoughts?

(I tried to search but HIS was too short for me to come up with anything meaningful.)
 
if you want to have peace of mind, get XFX. The best company for warranty purposes for ATi
 
By all means avoid HIS like the plague. They offer essentially zero North American support.
 
Too late I suppose, I already ordered from the egg and wouldn't have been able to afford the XFX even if I didn't.

Guess I will have to hope for the best. I have never had to RMA a video card before. Usually just the fan goes all dumb and becomes super loud. My X800 I had to flick the fan to get it spinning for instance when I turned on the PC.
 
All the reviews I read of HIS cards are positive, so I wouldn't worry too much. I haven't personally dealt with HIS customer support, but I haven't read anything bad about them. There are horror stories from any company out there. Only reason many prefer XFX is because of their outstanding warranty, but I don't think you can go wrong with HIS either if you plan to only have the card for 2 years or less.
 
havent RMAed a single of my 2 HIS card yet. both work fine. I get His because they are one of the few quite card manufacturers out there. Their IceQ cooler is what I usually go for.
 
HIS card here no issues. They do appear to have North American support for RMA.
 
I still have 2 HIS 1950XTX's in the kids' computers running to this day. Not one problem.
 
HIS quality seems to be good, their US Support is lacking. Sapphire has the worst support/rma in the world though. XFX has great support, but I personally prefer Asus :)
 
Thats good to hear then =]

I am hoping going from the 8800GT to 4890 will offer me an improvement. I play WoW, and ArmA2 mostly with some Fallout and such ocassionally :D
 
XFX is ATIs number one AIB partner right now but I heard that Sapphire has been stepping up their support recently as well.
 
Stay away from MSI and HIS. They both have been known for decent to quality cards but the support is hit and miss. Ive had good relationships with ASUS, EVGA, XFX, BFG, and recently Galaxy. Galaxy newer but they have always contacted me quickly and were very nice. ECS and MSI ok/so-so as long as you call their phone support and not email. HIS and Sapphire have both burned me.
 
Stay away from MSI and HIS. They both have been known for decent to quality cards but the support is hit and miss. Ive had good relationships with ASUS, EVGA, XFX, BFG, and recently Galaxy. Galaxy newer but they have always contacted me quickly and were very nice. ECS and MSI ok/so-so as long as you call their phone support and not email. HIS and Sapphire have both burned me.


you know, i have to ask, what do you do that you have so much contact with the tech support of so many enthusiast manufacturers? Even a regular [H]ard builder wouldn't have so many cards fail that they would need to RMA them so often....
even at 1 new card every 6 months, you should not have that level of failures if you keep to normal (or normal-ish) operations.
 
you know, i have to ask, what do you do that you have so much contact with the tech support of so many enthusiast manufacturers? Even a regular [H]ard builder wouldn't have so many cards fail that they would need to RMA them so often....
even at 1 new card every 6 months, you should not have that level of failures if you keep to normal (or normal-ish) operations.

Good point. I have many vid cards in house going back to a TI 4200, and have never had to RMA one card.

I have 9500,9700,9800 Pro's, 2/1950's, 2/8800GT/GTS and 2/4870's to name a few. All of these cards were beat to death in their prime with the 4870's going through torture now.
 
Back
Top