His x1900xt IceQ3 vs. Sapphire x1900xt

Does anyone have the HIS version? Is it really that much quieter than the stock heatsink? I'm debating whether or not it's worth the extra $50 over the Sapphire with the stock heatsink.

I have it. Yes it is much quieter. Friend has a "normal" X1900XT and it's much louder and much hotter under load.

It's $50 over the Sapphire? In that case, get the Sapphire and throw down $40 on a Zalman vf900 HSF for it. Better cooling, quieter and it's STILL cheaper then the HiS.

i would only get a HIS if i didn't feal like adding an after market cooler but still wanted better cooling. if you are not a OC tweaker the HIS will be faster then a normal card because they overclock their cards slightly because of the increased cooling.

personaly i like to tinker with my computer, others just simply want to never have to worry about it. just depends on what kind of person you are.

Oooska said:
It's $50 over the Sapphire? In that case, get the Sapphire and throw down $40 on a Zalman vf900 HSF for it. Better cooling, quieter and it's STILL cheaper then the HiS.

I would only use a HSF for the X1900 series that doesn't have direct exhaust out of the system if I had very, very good ventilation. Otherwise you'll probably raise the temps of everything in your case by several degrees Celsius.

Oooska said:

So having your warranty intact isn't worth $10?

Back