HIS iPower IceQ X² Boost Clock Radeon R9 280X 3GB - $350.99

Seems like the r9 290 is back to MSRP @ $399 and it's actually in stock. So wouldn't paying a little more for a r9 290 be worth it?

Where have you found a MSRP 290? They are getting close, but not quite there yet. I see $439 on Newegg, which isn't bad. Closest I've gotten is a 6 week wait at $414 on ShopBLT. It's still not here lol. Supposed to ship around the 31st, but if they tell me for a 5th time it's delayed, I'm cancelling and just paying the extra $30-40. :(

Where do you see a 290 for $399? The only ones I see are in the mid 400s. Good eye if so, but the cooler on this and low fan noise for folks at 1080p could be very enticing with this card.

Sorry, I thought I got an email earlier this week or late last week from TD or NewEgg for a reference R9 290 at MSRP. I looked but can't seem to find it...

I guess the point still stands as the R9 series comes back down to earth. We should see these cards hit MSRP very soon, to include aftermarket cooled solutions in the mid $400 range. If even more patient, you can likely get these below MSRP soon, and maybe even with AMD bundled games.

For me, I've been waiting since November for a R9 290 aftermarket cooled solution-waited through the mining craze-so at this point what's a few more weeks to let them get down or below MSRP....

Why not roll the dice and buy a used 280x for $270? $350 seems way too high for a 280x

It costs more than GTX 770 yet is slower. No thanks. A 290 at $350, then that becomes more competitive.

The 280x and the 770 are pretty much dead even. Look up HardOCP's review. Still the price discrepancy isn't worth it.

Where have you found a MSRP 290? They are getting close, but not quite there yet. I see $439 on Newegg, which isn't bad. Closest I've gotten is a 6 week wait at $414 on ShopBLT. It's still not here lol. Supposed to ship around the 31st, but if they tell me for a 5th time it's delayed, I'm cancelling and just paying the extra $30-40. :(

I canceled all my shopblt orders. It was annoying getting the 3rd delay notice when every retailer had stock in hand for the same price or cheaper. So I just bought from the retailers.

A new 280x is $290ish on eBay. I got a 1 month old 290 for $340.

This disagrees.
770 = 6210
280X = 5121

Pretty large difference. I know it's just one benchmark, but it's one of the most popular ones.

Yeah, a benchmark that does not equate to anything. You need to use real world gaming benchmarks. Majority of all HardOCPs reviews had the 280x within literally a few FPS, and performed better in some. Look them up.

Hooray for the passing of the mining fad :D

Oh yeah... Just in time for the my new intel build when devel canyon comes out. Hopefully the fad doesn't come back and cause the prices to shoot up again... If that happens i'll just have to settle for a cheap gpu.

This disagrees.
770 = 6210
280X = 5121

Pretty large difference. I know it's just one benchmark, but it's one of the most popular ones.

To show how inaccurate this benchmark is just look at where the 690 gtx and 590 gtx are in comparison tom the 680 and 580, also the 6990 in comparison to the 6970.

$319 now. Prices are dropping like a rock!
More like dropping like a feather. :(
To show how inaccurate this benchmark is just look at where the 690 gtx and 590 gtx are in comparison tom the 680 and 580, also the 6990 in comparison to the 6970.
Hmm, I wonder how the 6970 beat the 6990 in the G3D Mark test. I'm not familiar with it, but it's apparently the most popular benchmark (on that site).

Back