• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HIS 6850 Replacement Heatsink

Iyashii

n00b
Joined
Sep 5, 2012
Messages
29
My HIS 6850's fan makes an awful grinding noise. Seems to be a common issue this this model. I've tried everything to fix it myself, but I just can't find out what's causing it. Applying slight pressure to the fan itself stops the noise, so it may be an imbalance.

I need to replace the heatsink/fan at this point. Aftermarket coolers can easily cost more than the card itself nowadays so I need something cheap.

Would I be better off trying to buy a faulty 6850 and using that stock heatsink, attempting to find a replacement fan or buying a cheat aftermarket cooler? My only gripe is I'd rather not have it take up any more space than it needs to.
 
Back
Top