HiS 4890 cooler malfunction...need help.

MachoSasquatcho

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
290
Hey,

The video card in question is:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...4161299&cm_re=HiS_4890-_-14-161-299-_-Product

This card has been working great for me for the past 4 months or so but recently I'm starting to hear alot of rattling and slowing down from the fan on the cooler. I have to keep the fan running @ 80-100% to even get it to cool the card. It honestly sounds like its on its last legs (the cooler not the card) I'm planning on jumping on a 5830 later on in the month but I was wanting to know if there is a short term fix in the form of a replacement cooler and if anyone could recommend me one? I've never done this to a video card before so any advice would be great.

Thanks.
 
i put a scythe musashi on mine.but i have an xfx 4890.it allowed me to use the factory heat plate to keep the memory and vrm's cool.with out that plate i don't think i could have done it.so if you decide to use an after market cooler make sure you buy good coppor heatsinks for the mem and vrm's.if you don't you won't own the card much longer,if you know what i mean. good luck
 
I'm not sure what I have going on for VRM heatsinks on that card but I really only hoping to have to replace the cooler as I have no experience installing new heatsinks on a graphics card.

Anyone have any idea?
 
Rmove the fan casing so the heatsink is showing and cable tie a decent 80mm or higher fan to it, wont look pretty but will last till you upgrade. (worked on my old 8800ultra, with better temps as well)
 
Back
Top