Hirens Boot CD

thebaest

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to find a download link for Hirens Boot CD. The only link I can find is: http://www.hirensbootcd.org/files/Hirens.BootCD.14.0.zip
but when I try to download it, it just comes up with some error saying it cant be found, so I am trying to find it elsewhere. I dont mind it being an older version because what I need/want has been in there for ages. thanks! :D

Hiren's BootCD has traditionally been considered a warez-laden product and is typically not up for discussion around here. Yes, some strides have been made to reduce the amount of commercial software included on the disc but even in it's most current form, there is most likely something on there that is a commercial product and hence stolen aka pirated if it's included.

I know it has a "mini XP" installation that can run off the CD using WinPE and that alone is distribution of commercial code, actually.

You're better off just making your own UBCD4Win and keeping yourself safe and not banned. ;)

EDIT:
Ok, so I took a look at the current iteration of Hiren's BootCD, version 14, and it seems as though everything on it comes across as legit, almost all of it as actual freeware, with some shareware products (which would probably go against their licensing agreements but that's for those software developers to argue, not me). But the XP stuff is still pretty questionable since it's using actual Microsoft code - remember: you don't own a Microsoft OS, you just license it... so I guess it's up to the end user on that one.

As for an actual download location, all I can say is "It's out there..." :D

Last edited:
I know its a sketchy subject :p I just need a partition cloner. and memtest would be nice as well :D

I know its a sketchy subject :p I just need a partition cloner. and memtest would be nice as well :D

If that's all you need then just download and burn the clonezilla and memtest ISOs from their respective homepages.

If you happen to have a Seagate or WD hard drive (including externals), you can download a free, lite version of Acronis TrueImage (Seagate rebranded it as DiskWizard or something). Install that in Windows, then use the software to make a bootable disc for cloning, manipulating, or cleaning disk partitions.

Hirens isnt sketchy the XP stuff is licensed yes, but its 100% legal to own if you own a valid Windows XP license. I keep Hirens 10.3 in my shop for useage its quite handy

Back