Hilarious review of GRAW on IGN

ScotteusMaximus

Limp Gawd
We played with a 3GB machine armed with a Radeon X1600 and a full gig of RAM and we still had persistent framerate problems at 1024x768.

maybe i'm being a little too harsh on the poor IGN editors, but that sentence made my night.

lmfao.

I didn't read the thing, but as soon as I saw the "8.1", I knew something was up and decided to just pass on it.

maybe they gave it that score because they rated it on the gameplay instead of going OMG NO AA THIS IS TEH GAY>!!! ~#@@!

Hyperblau said:
maybe they gave it that score because they rated it on the gameplay instead of going OMG NO AA THIS IS TEH GAY>!!! ~#@@!
Or maybe they decided to overrate a horrifyingly bad port of a game that was 400x better on the 360.

But, of course, they didn't make any mention of it... nor show any knowledge of computer gaming to speak of(as showcased in the quote that started this entire topic).

The game is "passable" on the PC, but when compared to the 360 version... it is a complete and utter letdown.

Well, I own both the PC and 360 version, and I must concur that the 360 version is a lot more fun, with way more refinement.

I wish I had a 3GB machine. Then my gigabytes could rule all other gigabytes. Giggity Giggity Giggity

Looks like the console reviewers are trying to review PC games. They should try actually knowing something about computers first. I mean c'mon, "3GB machine"? That's something I expect to hear from my grandmother. Really, if they review PC games they need to actually use PCs. there's really no excuse for that.

sometime i think they review multiple console game with only one console and just change some words

Wasn't IGN the site that got bought for like $450 million? If somebody finds out how many people work for them, we can get a rough average of what the black market price for a human soul is.

finalgt said:
Wasn't IGN the site that got bought for like $450 million? If somebody finds out how many people work for them, we can get a rough average of what the black market price for a human soul is.
Depends on the type of soul, really. Weaker mortals command lower prices than strongers ones. But hey, IMO, IGN went into the shitter after that IGNsider shit or whatever. Haven't been there in years, don't plan to ever go back. They just rip shit off GameFAQs for their "cheats and guides", etc.

The18thLetter said:
Or maybe they decided to overrate a horrifyingly bad port of a game that was 400x better on the 360.

But, of course, they didn't make any mention of it... nor show any knowledge of computer gaming to speak of(as showcased in the quote that started this entire topic).

The game is "passable" on the PC, but when compared to the 360 version... it is a complete and utter letdown.

It's not a port. It's an entirly different game. Just a poorly made one.

I've noticed they're copy and pasting skills as well...its seems that its the PC versions get the short end of the stick...

Yeah, Whats up with the BS!
The 360 version seems to have more to it then the PC version.
I read a Walkthrough and the guy kept talking about healing team mates and doing al kinds of other small things that sounded AWESOME and would add to the game play that seem to be missing from my PC version.

WTF

wow I thought the 360 version sucked big time I can't imagine how bad the PC version is. Sad

Majin said:
Yeah, Whats up with the BS!
The 360 version seems to have more to it then the PC version.
I read a Walkthrough and the guy kept talking about healing team mates and doing al kinds of other small things that sounded AWESOME and would add to the game play that seem to be missing from my PC version.

WTF

My friend at work plays the 360 version and is like "Healing is so annoying..." and I'm like "You can do that?... Shit - I line up my team for a flanking move on a machine gun nest and they all die and there's nothing I can do..."

WTF? Healing teammates in a Ghost Recon game? Lame! I hate how GR/RB6 went off to console-land. :( :mad:

Volkum said:
WTF? Healing teammates in a Ghost Recon game? Lame! I hate how GR/RB6 went off to console-land. :( :mad:
yeah, i heard that in R6: vegas, they're adding bunny hopping and recharging shields. j/k...i hope.

Volkum said:

I am not 100% sure about this but wsant Rainbow six originally released on the N64? I thought that I read that somewhere... oh well.

I got GRAW and I must say that I am truly and utterly unhappy with most of it, BUT I really, really like it and it has become the only game that I play anymore, other than the occasional oblivion stint.
There are some things that I think are really "Richard Simmonds" but there are some aspects that I really like, but hey maybe the developers will patch the shat out of it and make it what it wsa supposed to be, a Ghost Recon game.

Fistandantilis said:
I am not 100% sure about this but wsant Rainbow six originally released on the N64? I thought that I read that somewhere... oh well.

Glad you're not 100% sure because I am 100% sure it was NOT released on N64 first.

This quote from the article also made me LMAO:

90% of the sounds in Ghost Recon seem to be weapons fire, which is as it should be.

Gee, you think!!!?? :rolleyes:

:D

GR sux, it was bad on the ps2 and the its bad on the pc, the only ok version would have to be on the 360, but only ok.

the 3GB we can forgive since maybe they meant 3GZ. But expecting a x1600 to run GRAW well and saying "armed" is rather pathetic coming from a so called professional site.

Volkum said:

Ghost Recon 2 on the Xbox had this also..I dont see an issue with it, except that your teammates can't heal you if your get shot, which is fucking stupid.

I really enjoyed GRAW on the 360 (been getting into Multiplayer more and more), and tried it out on the PC, but wasn't impressed by it. I'll gave it to my old man and I'll ask him what he thinks since he played GR2 on the Xbox prior to this, but I dont know how well his AIW 9600 and Althon 64 3500+ are gonna cut it, but he normally doesnt complain about crappy frame rates.

Reviews at IGN anymore should be taken with a grain of salt. It's not uncommon for a reviewer to go on and on about how awesome a game is, only to give it a low score (under 8). They never really justify why it's under 8.0, it just is.

What I want to know is Why?
Why is the PC port so fucking robbed of all the sex that the 360 got?
Did they think that us PC users didn't want to have more things for our game.. I would love to be able to bandage up a team mate, then I can use them as meat sheilds longer.

Also, who is pissed off about the way the AI of the team mates is? I think it sucks, they are stupid and way too slow and they seem to be lame shots as well.

But my number 1 annoyance with this game is the solo missions.
When I have my team, there seems to be 30 - 40 Tangos on the map. When I am by my self 50 - 70 Tangos seem to be around and they are all in sniper spots backing up the death squads of 4 or 5 guys who all attack you at once. WTF.

Over all I like this game a lot, the sound is great, action is strong and the maps look awesome. But the missions are annoying the hell outta me, seem to be very unfair at time, with the saves very far apart. Most of the guns feel exactly the same, the silencer seems to provide minimal use if any. The AI of your team is bad. Over all I would give this game 7.5/10

I played the demo of GR on the PC, OMG it sucked or just didn't get it with the control system, mouse wheel changes mostly.

I played the demo on the 360 and ran out to the full game. WAY different game on the 360, fun, playable and at least for me, extremely challanging(sp).

Now if I could just learn some tactics, because running in guns blazing does NOT work in GR......

Majin said:
What I want to know is Why?
Why is the PC port so fucking robbed of all the sex that the 360 got?
Did they think that us PC users didn't want to have more things for our game.. I would love to be able to bandage up a team mate, then I can use them as meat sheilds longer.

Also, who is pissed off about the way the AI of the team mates is? I think it sucks, they are stupid and way too slow and they seem to be lame shots as well.

But my number 1 annoyance with this game is the solo missions.
When I have my team, there seems to be 30 - 40 Tangos on the map. When I am by my self 50 - 70 Tangos seem to be around and they are all in sniper spots backing up the death squads of 4 or 5 guys who all attack you at once. WTF.

Over all I like this game a lot, the sound is great, action is strong and the maps look awesome. But the missions are annoying the hell outta me, seem to be very unfair at time, with the saves very far apart. Most of the guns feel exactly the same, the silencer seems to provide minimal use if any. The AI of your team is bad. Over all I would give this game 7.5/10
I very much agree. I actually likr the PC way better than the 360. I liked the 360, but the PC seems much more challenging. What frosts me the most is exactually what you've said.....tons of bad guys in solo missions and just plain no help from the squad when they are there.
I want a QUICK SAVE.....man nothing aggrevates me more than getting pegged by a lucky shot from some goon you cant even see and having to go all the way back to the last save point and run through the same dumb crap.
maybe GRIN will patch this deal up and give us some quick saves if we hollar enough. I sent a email to ubisoft support for what its worth.

The18thLetter said:

If you had some of that knowledge you speak of, you'd know that 360 and PC versions are entirely different games they just share the same location, same title, and idea. Both games were made by two different developers. It's not a port.

Surprised to hear so many of you hate the game. Just bought it and I thought it was pretty good. Only thing really pissing me off is the difficulty of the game. But it does what it is supposed to I guess. Force you to play slow applying the proper tactics. I too have wished for a medic to use for healing (I play alot of BF2), but then it would just incourage you too run around, not applying the proper tactics to the gameplay.
The game runs smooth on my machine as listed in my sig, and looks awesome. I think the only things that will cause to get pissed off to the point wher I say it sucks, is the fact that I am no good at it, and quit in frustration!! LOL

Unknown_nobody said:
Surprised to hear so many of you hate the game. Just bought it and I thought it was pretty good. Only thing really pissing me off is the difficulty of the game...
The game runs smooth on my machine as listed in my sig, and looks awesome. I think the only things that will cause to get pissed off to the point wher I say it sucks, is the fact that I am no good at it, and quit in frustration!! LOL

I spent a good long amount of time looking on the net for codes for this game just so I could get past a few parts. When I didn't find any for the PC I went back and tryed again and again and again, Every map seems to have a chock point where you will end up replaying it 4 or more times before you get past that one point. Every map is rather open and does allow you to find different routes to take to get to the objective. I also quit this game, but only for a day. I don't like being beaten by a game that is overall good, just has some flaws. I just hope we see a patch for this game that will give you some more guns, increase the team A.I. to a level that is above meat shield, and allow you to quick save.

Back