• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Highpoint 2320, Intel 965 based mobo?

Akirasoft

n00b
Joined
Jul 26, 2004
Messages
27
So I've noticed that Highpoint has a fairly short list of supposed "compatible" motherboards for the 2320 raid card. I'm soon to have a spare pentium d 930 that I was going to throw in a Intel G965 based board for use as a fileserver. I know several people over here run the 2320's, im just wondering what people's results have been using motherboards that arent in the compatability list.

Is this list a flashback to the old days when compatability lists were essentially marketing tools or do these cards actually have compatability issues?

I'd be open to other motherboard recommendations, I just need something with pci-express, the onboard video would be nice since I have nothing but AGP video cards..... for this machine i'd just be looking for something that has an available PCIExpressx4 or higher slot as well as support for the 930.
 
Compatibility should be a non-issue. ANY board in which is physically fits should be fine.
 
I'm interested in this too.

I CAN tell you that I tried mine in a badaxe and it didn't work so well.

The bios conflicted with the Silicon bios and caused loads of problems.

I COULD turn it off . . . but I gotta say for a 250 dollar mobo, I wanted them to work.

Let me know if you give it a go with something else.

Currently mine is in a Asus A8n Sli Premium.
 
esturk said:
I'm interested in this too.

I CAN tell you that I tried mine in a badaxe and it didn't work so well.

The bios conflicted with the Silicon bios and caused loads of problems.

I COULD turn it off . . . but I gotta say for a 250 dollar mobo, I wanted them to work.

Let me know if you give it a go with something else.

Currently mine is in a Asus A8n Sli Premium.

drizzt81 said:
anyone know of a Core 2 board that will support this controller?
I've had mine in a Intel D975XBX for a few months, 0 problems.
I have the onboard Silicon RAID disabled since I have no use for it, so maybe that's making a difference.
I always disable everything in the BIOS I'm not using.
 
EnderW said:
I've had mine in a Intel D975XBX for a few months, 0 problems.
I have the onboard Silicon RAID disabled since I have no use for it, so maybe that's making a difference.
I always disable everything in the BIOS I'm not using.
thanks EnderW. I am a "disable it all" person as well, so I will look into the badaxe/ 2
 
EnderW said:
I always disable everything in the BIOS I'm not using.

Always the best policy. I disable ALL of the onboard stuff I'm not using on my fileservers, to include serial and parallel ports.
 
Back
Top