“Highly Sophisticated” Burglars Hit Best Buy

I think it's funny that you don't hear more things like this. You see it on TV and movies, and it makes you wonder if people are really capable of carrying out things like this. But then I think, "Well, I never hear about it on the news or on internet headlines." You just don't hear of clever thieves like this or police-avoiding serial killers in real life most of the time (not that I want to hear a lot about them).

I work in a small production plant of 89 employees in a very small Virginia town. Our completed parts are basically worthless to anyone outside of our own customers and our raw parts are even more worthless. Most of our machinery is so heavy you couldn't easily get it out, nor would it be of any value either. However, we have had a security guard in here every night for 13 years on 3rd shift when no one is in here. Yet, stores like this with all this valuable merchandise just rely on scanners, sensors, and cameras to "guard" their store.

lol would be amazing if thats them...

probably not, trying to move that many laptops at near retail would be difficult. You would need to get the price down to 50 60 % to get the cash fast and not sit on the laptops for a month or more. Hot electronics start at 50% in my book lol

This is exactly why that show "Masterminds" needs to be brought back on TruTV (in new episodes). The stuff of movies really does happen sometimes, and it's amazing the sophistication that goes into it.

The last time I repelled into Best Buy I tried to heist a Refridgerator.
But I did'nt have the strength to climb back up the rope with it.
Plus I hurt my back.
Now I'm going to sue Best Buy for not putting warning labels on their Refridgerators warning of injuries due to weight. :p

This is what it takes to avoid the damned "PC Optimization" bullshit they force on you when buying a laptop.

Pretty sad.

I wouldnt even doubt it if best buy employees / managers were in all this

I don't condone stealing, but these guys deserved to get away. That is action movie worthy.

When I was living in Fountain Valley in SoCal, I read that there's supposedly a ring of Vietnamese (triad/gangs) that do similar thing - but more for industrial espionage. I can see/understand more sophisticated crooks doing it!

I'm pretty sure best buy has insurance that covers this type of situation ;). No real loss at all.

that is fucking awesome, that would have been a lot of fun.
there is no way to track the serial numbers unless, it comes in to mac store for repair, but chance are theyll dump them on someone else for cash

Wow, these guys are brave. First they steal from the crappiest electronics store to survive the recession, then they steal mac's??

I do like the iThief comment though, that got me laughing :D

They rappelled out? Now that's fucking talent or the Best Buy was up on stilts. :p

Nonsense - In order to get their rather hefty loot out of the store, they simply reversed gravity. However, they did this while still on the floor, necessitating the second rappelling.

Back