highest stable 3870 OC

Im lookin to see what other 3870 users are getting for overclocks. I cant find the artifact cube on atitools but so far i got 817 but my temps when pegged get up to like 90c.

W1zzard has recently posted (on nov 27, 2007) a new beta version of ATITools that works with Vista and XP64. However on the 3870 it doesn't adjust core and memory clocks, but the furry cube test works. So you'll still need to adjust clocks using the ATI Overdrive tab in the Catalyst Control Center.
Also manual setting of fan speeds of 0, 25, 50, 100 seem to work most of the time with my HD3870 on 64bit Vista. See my post on the techpowerup ATITool 0.27 Beta 3 for exact details about what worked and didn't with my 64bit vista setup.

See the following threa on techpowerup.com for information about the 0.27 Beta 3 version of ATITool including a download link.
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=45596

With the fan using the stock mapping, I've decided on 850MHz Core and 1251MHz Memory clocks as my stable overclock values. I've pushed the core to 860 and memory to 1270 with no visible corruption on the furry cube test. But 870 on the core causes a black screen video card crash and 1285 memory causes intermittent visible random pixel corruption with the furry cube test.

W1zzard has recently posted (on nov 27, 2007) a new beta version of ATITools that works with Vista and XP64. However on the 3870 it doesn't adjust core and memory clocks, but the furry cube test works. So you'll still need to adjust clocks using the ATI Overdrive tab in the Catalyst Control Center.
Also manual setting of fan speeds of 0, 25, 50, 100 seem to work most of the time with my HD3870 on 64bit Vista. See my post on the techpowerup ATITool 0.27 Beta 3 for exact details about what worked and didn't with my 64bit vista setup.

See the following threa on techpowerup.com for information about the 0.27 Beta 3 version of ATITool including a download link.
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=45596

With the fan using the stock mapping, I've decided on 850MHz Core and 1251MHz Memory clocks as my stable overclock values. I've pushed the core to 860 and memory to 1270 with no visible corruption on the furry cube test. But 870 on the core causes a black screen video card crash and 1285 memory causes intermittent visible random pixel corruption with the furry cube test.

Did you flash the bios to allow over 860 on the core? ATI released a bios update for this.

Yeah you have to flash it to go over 862 on the core. Nevertheless 862 isn't a bad speed to be running.

How are u guys OCing this card in CCC? I can't even get the damn thing to work! Any links to that BIOS? ;)

I still need to do some tweaking. I think I need to raise the Vcore to get higher speeds, but my temps are good.

HD3870 modded w/ arctic cooling Accelero S1 + 120mm Scythe "Slipstream" 9 blade fan @800rpm. It's very very quiet, probably under 25 dB

Temps:
Idle- 40C Load-54C (load test was 3 loops of crysis benchmark or a full 3dMark06 run

862 core/1300 memory.

I also need to figure out how to flash the bios to get my clock speeds higher, but like I said, my temps are great.

Back