• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Highest overclock on your 6800 GT card

dmierzwa

n00b
Joined
Aug 11, 2004
Messages
19
I'm wondering what people are getting as far as the highest stable overclock on their cards. Doesn't matter if it is GT, Ultra, etc. I'm just curious.

I'm just wondering what to expect, given that Chumbo actually shipped my BFG 6800 Ultra OC today.

......thanks ahead of time for the info.
 
XFX 6800GT

420/1.10 with stock air cooler (20% core O/C)
440/1.10 with Watercooling (26% core O/C)

I'm surprised watercooling didn't give me a bit more overclocking headroom, especially since load temps (at stock speed) dropped from 83*C on air to 48*C on water!! :)
 
coz said:
XFX 6800GT

420/1.10 with stock air cooler (20% core O/C)
440/1.10 with Watercooling (26% core O/C)

I'm surprised watercooling didn't give me a bit more overclocking headroom, especially since load temps (at stock speed) dropped from 83*C on air to 48*C on water!! :)


Have you tried flashing it to a 6800 ultra bios? Maybe the voltage increase will help?
 
best I can get from my PNY GT is 420/1100 but I leave it at 400/1100 just because...
 
isnt the general concenus that 435 for the core is as high as you can go wit the one molex?
 
well 435/1170 is the highest mine will go, so it is possable that the cards are simply power limited.
 
450/1150 on pny gt from compusa only goes to 68 when playing games 65 normal on that on 425/1050 it 50 normal 52 games, i'm so happy
 
Back
Top