High temps?

stunning

Limp Gawd
ok so my friend asked me to trade my p5n32 sli se deluxe for his p5b deluxe so he could go sli and I wanted a better Ocing mobo, so we traded...

well my rig is currently

intel c2d e6700
asus p5b deluxe
zalman cnps 9500 cu led
Artic silver 5 termal paste
ocz 700 watt gamextreme psu
ocz pc 6400 platium 2x1gb

my temps at stock settings are 38c

I tried OCing to 3.4 but my system started to beep thus i had to turn it down

at 300x10=3ghz i get like 48C

right now im at 280*10 and im getting 44C.... Kinda hot isnt it?

1.Is it idle or stress?

2.What's the temperature inside your box?

If this is your idle temperature then you either have installed your heatsink poorly or it's hot inside your box.

Have you raised your voltage or is it stock? What program are you using to read your temperatures? Have you checked your heatsink to make sure it's making proper contact with the CPU?

Zero82z said:
Have you raised your voltage or is it stock? What program are you using to read your temperatures? Have you checked your heatsink to make sure it's making proper contact with the CPU?

\
see thats the thing

anyone with a conroe build and a zalman 9500?

If you do, how tight did you screw in your hsf, because no matter how tight i tighten it feels like the whole hsf is still kinda looose.

Like I can slide it back and fourth, maybe like 3 centimeters.

(like when i hold the top of the hsf, i can twist it to the left and right for roughly 3 centimeters.)

Don't worry about the heatsink sliding, that tends to happen with all of the 9500s due to the mounting system. You still haven't said if those are idle or load temps. To make sure the heatsink is making proper contact, check the surfaces of the heatsink and the CPU and check to see if any areas look like they're not making contact. To re-iterate my previous questions, did you raise the voltage, and what program are you using to monitor temps?

i have been using core temp, speed fan, ai suite.

those are idle temps btw

well untill recently I oced it to 3.5ghz and i am getting 44C now, so i guess im fine now...

maybe the thermo paste set in?

Back