• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

High temps with XP-120

damstr

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 26, 2005
Messages
1,468
Well i got my new DFI mobo and can finally use my XP-120 which i have been dying to use, but my last mobo had compadibility problems so i couldn't use it. anway i got it installed and load temps are around 55C with my FX-55 which is a stock clocks, which is is about 5C lower then the stock cooler WTF!

i positive that its making contact with the CPU and that i have that right amount of thermal paste on the CPU so thats not the problem. it could be a temp probe problem, or someone told that the IHS could be making poor contact with the CPU itself.

any ideas or suggestions?
-thanks
 
could be possible that the motherboard is reading the CPU temperature diode incorrectly. I have the same issue with my A64 Venice with an XP-90c on an eVGA motherboard. I get 40-44c idle and I've seen it go as high has 61c load. What's funny is that the higher I oc the lower the temps seem to go... temp misreadings are a known issue with the motherboard I'm using, so you might want to check the DFI forums to see if anyone else has the same issue. If it's stable though there isn't too much to worry about.
 
Back
Top