High Quality DVD To Avi Converter (?)

Looking for something to rip some DVDs to AVI/Divx. Needs to be high quality and I'm not concerned about how long the conversion takes - just the end product. Any suggestions out there?

try to find a copy of dvd decrypter then from there you may want to use something like handbreak

I have Decrypter and now I have Handbrake. I've never used Handbrake but I'm assuming the Decrypter removes the protection and handbrake is decoding to H.264? Correct me if I'm wrong as I have yet to really look at these 2 progs together. Are either one of you gurus with Handbrake? I may have multiple questions for you that I will send via PM , if that's ok.

I can answer just about any question you have about x264 encoding. You can ask in here or PM me if you like, either way. :cool:

Probably going to try it out tomorrow night or Sat. I am looking at encoding some vids for my Droid X. I have a post going on their forums too. I'm sure I'll be getting back to you as I have never done any H.264 encoding. Thanks for replying! :)

Back