High QPI voltage causing instability?

thesecond

[H]ard|Gawd
Been having a hell of a time getting my overclock stable on my i7 930, and i think its either my QPI or my ram, just want to verify with the crowd here.

Basics are:

Goal: 4.0ghz cpu, 2000mhz cas10 ram. with 200 blck, x20 cpu multi, x10 ram multi - if i have to i'll do it with 191 bclk on a x21 cpu multi. I was just wanted to get all the bclk out of my mobo that i could get, which is why i bought this mobo in the first place/

xmp settings on my Corsair GT's say set the qpi to 1.2 to make it to 2000mhz cas10 clock speeds.

Right now, i have the cpu stable at 3.8 ghz, and the corsair GT's are at 1440mhz cas10. If i push up the ram frequencies, it wont boot, it either resets constantly in a loop, bluescreens with machine check exception shortly after the Windows splash screen, or says the bios is corrupt and looks for a floppy (depending on where the qpi voltage is)

I see lots of people with similar or higher clocks on their ram and 930's, with qpi's down to 1.2.

HERES THE QUESTION: Is the high qpi the problem? i have tons of issues from 1.3v to this point, is the answer to test it in the 1.2v to 1.3v max range? Or am i missing something else?

Code:
bclk......181
vcore.....1.25, 
qpi.......1.3875   !!!!!!
ioh.......1.25 (was told to do this one up to get high bclocks with my SLI)
 - should i be plugging in the stupid molex power to the motherboard to support this?
dram .....1.65v
Load line calibration : 100%
everything else is set to auto. Asus AI suite reports qpi is hovering around 1.33v... but it also says my cpu is 55 degrees when Realtemp and Coretemp both say 72.

EDIT: Dear mods, if this post is more appropriate for the Intel section, please let me know. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Back