Number of Channel / Port: 4x PCIe 3.0 x4 Lane & SFF-8643
Data Transfer Rates: Up to 32GT/s per port
Port Type: Four SFF-8643 mini-SAS HD
Number of Devices: 4x U.2 NVMe devices
Form Factor: Low Profile
Dimensions: 152mm*68mm
Weight: 0.26 lbs
RAID Mode: 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD / Non-RAID Mode
Operating System: Window Server 2008 and Window 7 and later, Linux (TBA)

Just an FYI.

-- Dave

I don't understand the decision to go with mini sas connectors when m.2 would have been so much more elegant. On top, have 4xM.2 ports and drives on the card itself and simplify cable management as well.

I don't understand the decision to go with mini sas connectors when m.2 would have been so much more elegant. On top, have 4xM.2 ports and drives on the card itself and simplify cable management as well.

I expect the product would be geared to business customers (who would like to use larger drives than the ones typically seen in the m.2 form factor).

BTW, I would have used the word enterprise however does HighPoint sell any other enterprise products at all??

So... do they make backplanes for this? Say, a 48 device U.2 backplane with 8 of these ports on it. Then you could feed that into 2 of these cards for both redundancy and insane speeds.

Because that's what:
- Cables to 2.5" NVME use
- Cables to NVME backplanes use

Intel SSDs......enterprise stuff.

Back