High Octane & Diesel

So i finally oredered a few parts i've been missing and a few i've desided to make myself such as the fans. so i' will be putting up some new pics and should be getting it much closer to finished in the next week or two.

I can't imagine cutting something that thick with a dremel, you are a patient man. This better turn out good, I hate to see an awesome gas can get cut up.

like i've said before i've got 4 of them total if this turns out good (which i can't see really not at thist point) the other will be modded in various diffrent ways. It's not like i ever use them anyway don't usually need that much gas on hand.

Glad this thread popped back up to the surface, will definitely watch! Keep up the good work, I'm sure its gunna end up looking great.

The slide rails did it for me, I'm a man that likes usable equipment. The gas can is a perfect box as you have a handle built in... Slide rails, never thought of that before.. This is being watched! :cool:

So i got the parts but then the day i got them i also got an order for a custom computer so i have been working on that this past week and a half or so and will be for the next week... I will be posting a work log for that one as well and will link to it as soon as it's up.

what an uber awesome idea. loving this enclosure. sucks that it doesn't have PERFECT panels.....kinda dented in some places. are you gonna be able to straighten those out?? It would seriously look professional if you did that.

Heh, personally, i would like the "aged and beat up" look.

Finish up with Om soon so we can get more updates :D

ok ok no more promising updates and not actually doing it i am uploading the pics right now and will have an update within the hour. sorry

So as i said before the JBWeld worked grat with those "washers" in

A few pics of what it took to get it to actually work...
12-12-04032.jpg

12-12-04042.jpg

12-12-04041.jpg

Then i couldn't resist the urge any longer so i wired the lights up to a test PSU i have and lit the baby up just to get a good feel for the thing....
12-12-04043.jpg

12-12-04044.jpg

12-12-04049.jpg

Window work...
Someone at one point on one of these boards mentioned it would be badass to make the window contain liquid to make the gas tank feel more real so a few pics of the window in progress...
2005-02-14035.jpg

2005-02-14036.jpg

getting this baby not to leak is a pain in the arse but worth the effort for the effect it will have... well thats my quick little update i'll find some more picks of the progress since then and hopefully get another update out to you shortly.

I thought that this was a really nice/clean mod and would love to see how it was finished.

COME ON let's see it.

got this from his profile
BlackCat
[H]Lite

Last Activity: 08-12-2005 01:28 AM

i also checked out his website and looks like we have more up to date pics of the case than his site does... so i guess we wont see the end..

Well I hope BC see's that we have brought his WORKLOG back from the dead and he continues to give us something.

But since his own site doesn't have the up to date pick that [H] does, I don't think we will ever see this finished in all its LAN glorry!

No it's not dead. I went through some hard times and was out of work so taking odd jobs and such to try and make ends meet. then i get a job and basically i'm either at home or at work and when i work it's for weeks at a time and i live on site. so doesn't leave a lot of time for modding but at least i have the money to keep it up now. i'll be home for a little while so i'll see what i can do and up date just for you guys. so i'll do what i can... but no promises yet

Glad to hear you're back B-Cat and that Octane is still a go. I was wondering what happened to it. Hopefully you make some progress on it in your now limited free time. :cool:

best luck man, and the drawer hardware for the mobo is a great idea. Oh, and it looks great all polished up like that. BUT, it looks so good you barely know its a gas can

so as i said i got some more work done. i'll try and get some pictures posted today. for now i'm off to work.

Yes i know it's been a very long time since i gave you guys some pics but working and liveing where you work isn't easy on the free time. But it's all better now i have my computer with me now. so here an update for all of you wonderful people.

So lets start with some of the pics i found of some of the older work.

First off i needed to make the fans a little more interesting than just plan led reds or plain black and since i honest didn't have the spare cash for either of those i took some old stock fans and modded then. If you can't afford it make it.

Here they start of with a silver paint job.
2005-02-14038.jpg

Drilled some holes at about a 45 for the new lights.
2005-02-14039.jpg

PERFECT fit.
2005-02-14040.jpg

4 new red LEDs and all 4 holes drilled
2005-02-14041.jpg

1 all wired up and running beautifully and a shot of my kitchen in the backround. Looks sweet.
2005-02-14042.jpg

Little shaky but you can see how well it lights up
2005-02-14043.jpg

Pic of the finished fan and my messy ass desk. Problem when you've got about 7 projects kinda going at once.
2005-02-14044.jpg

Number 2
2005-02-14046.jpg

All wired up and thrown into the eventual homes. looks good to me.
2005-02-14047.jpg

and the one up top.
2005-02-14048.jpg

2005-02-14049.jpg

2005-02-14050.jpg

And look wat showed up in the mail thank god been waiting on getting these for months at this point.
2005-02-14051.jpg

With these new fan grills i couldn't just leave that old plan old black edge molding. so we went shopping and found some great chrome
03-06-05007.jpg

03-06-05008.jpg

So heres the old black stuff on there...
03-06-05006.jpg

And the new stuff...
03-06-05010.jpg

and a close up on it
03-06-05011.jpg

Now to show off the new fan grills

The one up top... Looks nice
03-06-05004.jpg

03-06-05012.jpg

The one up front check out that shine you can see the design clearly on the desk. Awesome i love em... what you think...
03-06-05005.jpg

Promise to try and keep you up to date on te progress but be warned working 7 days a week and living where i work tends to hurt the time i get to spend on the mod. so it may be slow but it's not dead.

Amazing worklog and project. I have the exact same fuel container you do. I might steal your idea and make one. ^__^

Nice looking mod! Hope you can get a little time away from work over the holidays to relax...

and finish this! :D

Back