• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

High FSB/Low Multi or Avg multi & FSB?

DangerIsGo

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
3,000
So I have the Expert board and was OCing my Opty and had a few questions. Should I have a high FSB and a low multi with a divider to keep RAM around 280MHz (ballistix...where speed would cap off), run a 1:1 (280), or pick a nice round number between 280 and (insert number here) and try with that (obviously w/ a divider)? Or should I just lower the multi as low as it can go and see how high i can crank my FSB? what do you suggest? Odd thing is that on my A8n-sli deluxe board i reached a max OC of 280x10, but this one I cant break 2.7GHz :(
 
I would keep the 10x multi since it puts less stress on your mobo and could require less voltage. Plus, you're probably more likely to break 2.8 with 280 then 300+
 
Back
Top