High end PC case

stewie2

n00b
Hi, im looking at getting a new case and cant seem to find much that suits my needs. I want it be a fairly high end case so if anybody knows of any manufacturers to add to the list of "Top PC Cases" then please let me know please as im having a hard time finding any.

"Top PC Cases"

OrigenAE, Karma, Windy, Wesena, Abee, A-Tech Fabrication,

"Budget PC Cases"

Lian Li, Luxa2, Qmicra,

"Barely better than the cardboard box your motherboard came in Cases"

Silverstone, Antec, Thermaltake, Coolermaster, Xigmatec, Corsair, etc

Im looking at cases around £200 - £350 UK pounds ($320 - $560 US dollars) ish. It can also be a tower case, htpc, cube case etc i really dont mind.

The case needs to fit into these dimensions -

640mm height x 470mm width x 420mm depth ish.
25 inch height x 18.5 inch width x 16.5 inch depth ish

I will continue to update this list as i find more, not just for me but for others seeking the same thing.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions but I should have put maximum case dimensions for this thread, so iv updated my first post.

I really don't want a Silverstone case as iv had one before and the quality is rubbish. From what iv read of there newer cases its getting even worse with the ft03 having side panels that don't even go on properly. Fantastic lol.

Id also like to avoid cases that are covered in plastic.

Last edited:
Xigmatek Elysium, Corsair 700/800D, Silverstone TJ11

The Corsair 650D, Which I own, I LOVE.

Theres also the Corsair 600T

or the soon to be released Corsair 400R and 500R

I'm not sure I know or understand where OP is coming from but if he's listing Lian Li as a "budget" category and Silverstone as "super budget" (whatever that means), I don't think he's going to do backflips for the 650D, which is basically the poor cousin of the 800D. And the 400R and 500R are supposed to be even lower end than the 650D . . . seems like you're trending in the opposite direction.

Hi, cheers but the corsair cases are too large depth wise and im looking for a higher quality of case.

What dont you understand yenniedn. I will try my best to explain better if i can.

Super budget is my nice way of saying sh** cases. Its normally cheap 0.8mm or under metal cases or really thin 1mm aluminium cases, both of which can sometimes come covered in plastic.

Iv owned my fair share of these cases and now want something better.

Thanks Necere thats the sort of quality im looking for. Now if i could just read japanese so i knew what i was getting that would be great lol.

Thats ok about shipping, because i live in Scotland so the shipping costs will probably be even more than what you pay in the US.

Its probably going to cost to much but i really like the style of pc cases abee make. If anybody knows of any other pc case manufacturers where it wouldn't cost me the cost of the pc case again to ship it lol that would be great.

went to site, clicked over to english, only lists bling for crapple products?
I hate that. I've wanted an abee case for so long now but it just seems like they really don't care about the North American or European markets at all.

You could always use a purchasing service. You'll pay through the nose, of course, but getting one of these was never going to be cheap...

Check out the caselabs M8 or M10, not 100% sure on dimensions, but it might work, very well reviewed. There are bigger ones but I suspect they'll be too big

I think you're going to have to lower your standards a bit here. Yeah some really nice cases have come out of Japan but they're pretty much exclusive to that region unless you want to spend an arm and leg for shipping. I have never seen anyone put Lian Li in a "Budget Case" category nor have I ever seen anyone categorize Silverstone and Corsair as "Super Budget". There is nothing wrong with wanting a top of the line case, however, it doesn't surprise me one bit that you are having trouble finding the right case with standards as high as yours.

Second, since you live in Scottland you might want to browse around computer forums that are more knowledgeable on what is offered in your area. I'd say 90% of the people on [H] forum are from the US. We know what good cases are offered here, where we can get them, and how much they cost here. But I have no clue what cases are available to you and how much they cost for you.

Best you can do is go to the manufacturers websites and see where you can get them at.
https://www.wesena.co.uk/article.php/13
http://www.origenae.co.kr/en/wtb_index.htm

If you can't one of your "Top PC Cases" I think you're just going to have to settle for the "Budget" Lian Li cases. Good thing about LL is that they have about a million cases from value to expensive. I'm sure you can find one you like and fits your requirements from LL.

Good luck

Abee comes to mind.

$400+ for THAT? LMAO. 2002 called, they want their case back.

How about a Level 10. At least it will look good and have some more modern features. Then you can say you spend $750+ and be the coolest kid on the block.

Thanks for the suggestions but I should have put maximum case dimensions for this thread, so iv updated my first post.

I really don't want a Silverstone case as iv had one before and the quality is rubbish. From what iv read of there newer cases its getting even worse with the ft03 having side panels that don't even go on properly. Fantastic lol.

Id also like to avoid cases that are covered in plastic.

stewie2, just curious, can you tell me which SilverStone case you had?

I hope you are not calling me a fool Evil Furby as iv explained why i want a good case.

Some people spend £100 on a t-shirt when you can get one for £5, some people spend £100,000 on a car when you can pick up one for £1000 and some people spend hundreds on ram when they could have had a cheaper make that does exactly the same thing. Unless you have the absolute cheapest version possible of everything you own, at some point you decided that the extra cost was worth it for whatever reason.

I have a q9300 that i bought for £70, 4GB1066 ddr2 ram thats nearly 4 years old and i am happy with that. Its going to do a lot longer too lol. I just want a better pc case.

But anyway back on topic :)

sn_85 why i put Lian Li in the budget category is because although they have a few high end pc cases the majority of there newer stuff is flimsy 1mm aluminum, sub £100 cases. Oh and here's another guy who thinks they are budget just for you lol -http://www.freewebs.com/elpibe10/.

Tony OU i owned the Silverstone SG-03 mini tower. I bought it and instantly regretted it. I should have known as it was too cheap at around the £100 mark at the time The aluminum was way too thin and not rounded well and i cut myself a few times on it over the years. The case panels went on with the most sh** little hook ins iv ever seen. If you looked closely the panels left gaps (seems to be an ongoing problem for Silverstone). I could go on and on about whats wrong with that case but i cant be bothered lol. Il just never buy another Silverstone case.

A fool and his gold...

think he might of been referring to this...

Get the thermaltake designed by BMW (or vice versa) thingy, it's "only" $799.
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/press0903003.aspx

200903003.jpg

lol that's pretty funny coming from a guy who's filled out his system specs so everybody can see what amazing pc's he has. :p

They are awesome lol.

But anyway does anybody have any other suggestions on pc manufacturers. There must be more that im unaware of.

Back