HifiMan HE-400i Planar Magnetic Headphones - $249.00 Newegg/Amazon

Super tempting, but I'm too much of a bass head to jump (Frequency Response 20Hz-35KHz). Happy to see prices dropping though...maybe I can get a HE6 someday for less than my testicles and a kidney.

Super tempting, but I'm too much of a bass head to jump (Frequency Response 20Hz-35KHz). Happy to see prices dropping though...maybe I can get a HE6 someday for less than my testicles and a kidney.

The Sony Z1R is the new hotness!

Sigh, sadly I have too many headphones already. HD600s DT880s and DT990s. Unless these somehow blow the ones I have out of the water, I'll have to pass.

Sigh, sadly I have too many headphones already. HD600s DT880s and DT990s. Unless these somehow blow the ones I have out of the water, I'll have to pass.

these won't be a jump up for you. If you were to get he500s, he560s, etc. then i would say it would be "worth" it.

I'm in the same boat. I was just thinking few days ago unless i see HE400 or Fideliox2 on some crazy sale i'm not buying headphones this year. But this is tempting. It's too early for this crap, have one more week to go...

Already spent my "headphone budget" on Sennheiser HD 630VB & Fostex T50RP w/Shure 1540 pad mod, so (sadly) this is a pass from me.

these won't be a jump up for you. If you were to get he500s, he560s, etc. then i would say it would be "worth" it.

I'm in the same boat. I have DT880, D7000, and AD900. I've heard the HE series and they're awesome, but unless I get at least HE5xx, it's somewhat of a small upgrade and more of a lateral move to a different tech.

So would these be a major step up from the HD598 for gaming? It's in a different price tier for sure. I am using a decent headphone amp.

Major step up, I like my 400i pair a LOT. Much better deal than the massdrop $200 6XX.

Back