Hiding drives on a terminal server

I have a Windows 2000 Advanced Server acting as a terminal server in my domain. I have a policy in place on certain user accounts that blocks out certain drives; A, C, and D to be specific, but nothing further than that. I notice that there is a policy that also allows all drives to be hidden when going into my computer. This would be perfect, if it didn't also hide the users' mapped drives (M, P, and S).

Do any of you guys know of any ways to work around this problem? I would like to hide everything but the three mapped drives.

why would you need to hide the local disks on a terminal server as long as your have the permissions set correctly?

This is very true, and I do have the permissions set correctly. I was just looking to see if there was any way to reduce clutter when my users open up My Computer. I think it's a little odd that the policy only allows you to hide A, C, and D drives only.

Doing further research on this subject, I have found that Tweak UI will hide any drive that I throw at it. A - Z. I'm a little screwed if I have an AA drive, but that's a long way off. The only gripe I have about Tweak UI is that it effects all users that sign on, ever administrator accounts. I guess there are worse things in the world than that. They still have A, C, and D that they have direct access to.

If anyone else has any further input, I'm all ears.

Edit: Using Tweak UI only effects the account that it was run from. I will have to run it from every user account to block access to the drives. It's not the worst thing in the world as I don't have that many users.

Back