Hiding Computers

nerdy_scenester

Limp Gawd
Is there a way to hide computers from other computers? Or make it so a computer still has network access (internet and all that jazz) and not show up in the my networks folder? I have the computer I want to hide on a different work group right now, but people can still access it. Also is there anyway to setup a decent user profile system without a server?

You could also put a software firewall on it and lock down everything, then it couldn't respond to any requests to be seen on the network

Well the thing is my boss want's to be able to view the contents of this computer, but doesn't want anyone else to know it's even on the network.

Another thing is I think all the computers in my office are going through the server, but none of them are on the actual domain. How would I go about adding certain computers to the domain?

nerdy_scenester said:
Well the thing is my boss want's to be able to view the contents of this computer, but doesn't want anyone else to know it's even on the network.

Another thing is I think all the computers in my office are going through the server, but none of them are on the actual domain. How would I go about adding certain computers to the domain?
hide his g0atse pr0n? just use zone alarm and filter out all ip's except his. i do this to hide all my computers (pr0n server) from my dad

Any other alternatives that are free? I am downloading a free version from download.com right now, but I still wanna see what else is out there. Also is there a way of connecting to the router and edit the MAC tables? Sorry if my termonology is off. I finished cisco courses over a year ago and I don't remember shite haha.

nerdy_scenester said:
Any other alternatives that are free? I am downloading a free version from download.com right now, but I still wanna see what else is out there. Also is there a way of connecting to the router and edit the MAC tables? Sorry if my termonology is off. I finished cisco courses over a year ago and I don't remember shite haha.
its usually your default gateway, like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1

If your shared folder is called "BossPron" then rename the share to "BossPron7865$" or something that only the boss can remember... the "$" will hide it.

This is not a hacker proof method, but it will stop office workers from stumbling over it.

Back