Hideo Kojima: the Nintendo Switch Is a "Gamer's Dream"

If the online service is reasonably priced - $30-$40 a year it's actually not a bad deal considering they are going to give you a free VC title every month.

Once the Switch is released, someone is going to crack it open and discover that it's just an off-the-shelf ARM tablet running a custom OS.

Once the Switch is released, someone is going to crack it open and discover that it's just an off-the-shelf ARM tablet running a custom OS.

There is no such thing as an off-the-shelf tablet with a Tegra X1.

There is no such thing as an off-the-shelf tablet with a Tegra X1.

Guess you're the forgetful type.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/tablets/new...splay-nvidia-tegra-x1-soc-goes-on-sale-775597

As for MY dreams, the Switch completely misses the mark. I want an inexpensive 3ds replacement (same size), and instead we got something larger than a 7" monster tablet, with a 2-year old APU, and a price $100 higher than the 3ds launched at.

And compare to it's true predecessor, the Wii U, even in docked mode there's limited improvement. There's not much different. So it will have a similarly slow start like the xbone.

Give it the Parker, and I'll gladly drop $300 for that cutting-edge powerhouse. Or drop the price to $250, and I'll consider it a better value, and actually THINK about how to schlep it around.

Last edited:
Guess you're the forgetful type.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/tablets/new...splay-nvidia-tegra-x1-soc-goes-on-sale-775597

As for MY dreams, the Switch completely misses the mark. I want an inexpensive 3ds replacement (same size), and instead we got something larger than a 7" monster tablet, with a 2-year old APU, and a price $100 higher than the 3ds launched at.

And compare to it's true predecessor, the Wii U, even in docked mode there's limited improvement. There's not much different. So it will have a similarly slow start like the xbone.

Give it the Parker, and I'll gladly drop $300 for that cutting-edge powerhouse. Or drop the price to $250, and I'll consider it a better value, and actually THINK about how to schlep it around.

While my memory is not my best asset I simply didn't even know about that one. I tried doing a Google search for X1 tablets and the first three pages were just talking about the likely never going to release X1 Shield Tablet and the equally never released 2016 version of the Nexus 7 tablet. So I figured none had ever released.

People that take long trips on public transpiration? Long waits in an airport? On a plane? And for the hipsters: Starbucks/random local "organic" coffee shop.
You do not build a system around the 2% of the time someone might use it. Know your mission and design it around that.

Back