hide/encrypt a folder/partition...how do i?

NathanP2007

[H]ard|Gawd
So i got a new 1TB drive, and want to put some stuff on it that i want to be password protected or encrypted or hidden, how do i do that?
To give a example, i want to be able to open My computer, go into the drive, see folders, some anyone (using my computer) can open and go through files, but other(s) when they click on them they need a password or w/e. Cause inside is something like ripped DVD's. Does anyone know how to do that?

You can have files and folders all contained into a encrypted file that mounts as a drive letter when you enter the password.

You can have files and folders all contained into a encrypted file that mounts as a drive letter when you enter the password.

I followed the tutorial and successfully created a encrypted drive, BUT the tutorial says that it will only ask you for the password once...can i make it so everytime anyone tries to open the drive it prompts them for the password?

Nvm, i guess you have to dismount the drive after you are done using it to encrypt it again? Thats not to bad, i can deal with that.

Back