• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hide dotfiles in Nexenta

tocket

n00b
Joined
Oct 15, 2011
Messages
60
As the title says, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to hide the dotfiles in Nexenta. Netatalk just created a whole bunch of .AppleDouble directories that I don't want to see when browsing the shares using CIFS.

Any ideas?
 
You could try right clicking on the folder and check the 'hidden' field? Afaik the CIFS in OpenSolaris supports windows ACLs, so that should work..

But if you have 'Show hidden files' enabled in your windows explorer options then I think you are not going to be able to hide them?
 
Yes, that would work, but it keeps creating these folders and files everywhere a mac client browses, so I would need a way to hide them as they are created.

It seems that with good old Samba you could set "hide dot files = yes" in smb.conf, but it doesn't have any effect in Nexenta (probably since it uses the kernel CIFS).
 
There are unfortunately too many users for that to be feasible.

The folders are called ".AppleDouble", ."AppleDB", etc. btw. I'm thinking one (not so pretty) solution may be to let the Mac users piss all over the file system and then manually search for and hide all those folders. Either that or don't allow them access in the first place.
 
Back
Top