First off, i'm going for an Athlon-64 3200+, because i can't afford anything better. There's one question that rises from that already.
(1) How do i unlock it??? I know that to unlock an AnXP you have to find bridge L12, go to the right side (L5) Step two pins away ( the two pins you're after->: : <-- pins ) and scratch away the lamination, and then connect the two pins with conductive paint. Does that still work for A64's?? Or do you have to do something different??
Also, my goal is 2.5 Ghz on 3200. Is that possible? I have a good fan/heatsink, Thermaltake Venus-12 for K8. (the one with 3-bladed fan)
What is a safe operating temeperature for an A64? What should i set the auto power off to???
Also, the mb i want to use for it is Gigabyte K8N Pro, nForce3, has integrated sound. And supports DDR-400+.
(2) Is that a good mb??
(3) I'm not sure what they mean by DDR-400+. Does that mean that it supports DDR-400, or higher, or does that mean that it supports up to "400+", which is probably just "400". Confused.
What ram is best for overclocking??? I'm planning on getting Corsair CMX512-3200LLPRO 512MB PC3200 XMS PRO. Only 512 of it, and more later on.
(4) How do you overclock ram??? Does the frequency your ram operates at derive from your FSB clock too? I want to underclock the multiplier, and overclock the FSB to a high frequency, making not only my whole system faster, but also supposed to help keeping the cpu busy (in theory).
(5) Do i have to use a ram divider?? I'm not familiar at all with those...
(6) What if i get Corsair TWINX512-3700 2x256MB PC3700 (basicly, two 256 sticks, but not that i care). It's faster than 3200, but do you think the motherboard will take it?? Also, is it any better if i plan to overclock it??
Also, i (alredy have) an MSI-made GeForce FX 5900 (128 meg). How do i overclock it (if possible). Also, the fan on it looks shabby, should i get better cooling for it???
(7) Thermaltake GIANT II VGA Cooler ( http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/chipset/a1655.htm ) looks promising.
(8) How do i overclock the cpu on my video card?? I have no idea.
Also, i want to buy an extra 120-mm case fan , make a big hole on top of the case, and screw it on there.
(9) Do you think that's the best spot for it?? Is just keeping my case open on the sides a better idea?? How many fan power slots do i get on my motherboard?? I have no idea.
Thnx for reading my long post, please answer any questions you feel you have the best solution for, i really need some answers