Hi HardForum

Depends on your budget & what type of monitor you'll be running it on at the optimal settings for whatever hardware you have or will have.

'Best spec' is very broad. What's your budget?

A budget spec is something like an RX 460 with an i3 6100 at 1080p on medium to high settings.

Yep, Have to agree with crimsonknight13, if I'm playing for esports, just want to add I would get the best system available and drop all settings down to minimum and start kicking butt. so it really depends on what ya want to do.

Yep, Have to agree with crimsonknight13, if I'm playing for esports, just want to add I would get the best system available and drop all settings down to minimum and start kicking butt. so it really depends on what ya want to do.
How useful is that in Dota though?

I don't even understand the question. The best specs is the best hardware. So, get a i7 6950x, a couple of pascal titans, couple terabyte ssds etc and you should have the best specs. Now, if you could explain what you actually want and how much you can spend - that would be great. But dota2 runs on pretty much any hardware, so the op question is sort of moot anyway...

How useful is that in Dota though?

Pretty useful, actually. Though turning off hats would be even more useful, albeit impossible.
I don't even understand the question. The best specs is the best hardware. So, get a i7 6950x, a couple of pascal titans, couple terabyte ssds etc and you should have the best specs. Now, if you could explain what you actually want and how much you can spend - that would be great. But dota2 runs on pretty much any hardware, so the op question is sort of moot anyway...

6950X would be pretty bad for Dota compared to 6700k. His question is perfectly clear, actually.

Pretty useful, actually. Though turning off hats would be even more useful, albeit impossible.

6950X would be pretty bad for Dota compared to 6700k. His question is perfectly clear, actually.
It wouldn't be bad, just not as good.

Well, the "best specs" is usually the most high end hardware, by default. Sure, a higher-clock cpu would probably be better for dota 2, but "the best" is kind of a broad question: for some people a vw golf is a better car than a bugatti veyron because they can go anywhere in a golf and can actually afford to buy it. So, the same here - the "absolute best" would be the best hardware. Now, the best FOR HIM/HER would be something that is pretty damn hard to recommend without knowing stuff like what kind of monitor the op has, what resolution he wants to play on, what settings etc. You would need very different hardware to play on a 1440p ultrawide or a 4k monitor than, say, a 60hz 1080p screen. So, yeah, more data needed.
And this seems like a troll thread anyway...

Dota 2 usually fines just fine on any modern hardware. An I3 and rx-460 is plenty to play dota 2 at high settings. If you want ultra settings step up to a RX-470 or Nvidia 1060.

Dota 2 doesn't scale with resolution, so you will always see the same amount of screen restate. Currently the best setup for dota 2 is an I7-6700k and GTX 1080/1070, which allows a pretty seamless 144hz for those with high refresh monitors.

Well, the "best specs" is usually the most high end hardware, by default. Sure, a higher-clock cpu would probably be better for dota 2, but "the best" is kind of a broad question: for some people a vw golf is a better car than a bugatti veyron because they can go anywhere in a golf and can actually afford to buy it. So, the same here - the "absolute best" would be the best hardware. Now, the best FOR HIM/HER would be something that is pretty damn hard to recommend without knowing stuff like what kind of monitor the op has, what resolution he wants to play on, what settings etc. You would need very different hardware to play on a 1440p ultrawide or a 4k monitor than, say, a 60hz 1080p screen. So, yeah, more data needed.
And this seems like a troll thread anyway...
OP, however, was specific in asking for best specs for dota, not just "best specs".
Dota 2 usually fines just fine on any modern hardware. An I3 and rx-460 is plenty to play dota 2 at high settings. If you want ultra settings step up to a RX-470 or Nvidia 1060.

Dota 2 doesn't scale with resolution, so you will always see the same amount of screen restate. Currently the best setup for dota 2 is an I7-6700k and GTX 1080/1070, which allows a pretty seamless 144hz for those with high refresh monitors.
Mostly that, except that no amount of power will allow for seamless 144Hz in Dota 2 on max settings.

24" 1440P Monitor Dell Gsync almost any computer under the sun will run the game made in the past 3 years.

Minimum System Requirements:
Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600/9600GT, ATI/AMD Radeon HD2600/3600
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Free Disk Space: 15 GB

So...damn near anything on the market today will run it. Anything with a dedicated GPU will handle it fine. That game is very dated from a tech standpoint.

Minimum System Requirements:
Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600/9600GT, ATI/AMD Radeon HD2600/3600
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Free Disk Space: 15 GB

So...damn near anything on the market today will run it. Anything with a dedicated GPU will handle it fine. That game is very dated from a tech standpoint.
Yeah, but you want high fps on it as well. And then overclocked 6700k and 1080 will suddenly struggle. It's funny like that.

Back