HFM PPD Doesn't Match Real World PPD

Rockaholic

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
138
Anyone else seen this?

The HFM client is reporting that my i7 should be putting out 10k PPD, but from looking at my stats its only putting out mabey 1500 PPD on top of my gpu client.

Just wondering if I have something setup wrong.


 
Do you have a passkey? Have you folded 10 units against that key? Until you have 10 units on your passkey, you won't get the bonus. HFM shows ppd with the bonus, so it won't match.
 
Are you using an ATI to fold? I think that is lowering your SMP score.

Try running without the GPU client.
 
My i7 920 was doing about the same til I caught on about using the passkey and making sure -smp flag was being used.
 
Yea I've tweaked the settings last weekend.

I am using a passkey

I am folding with a 4890, which killed a core, and my smp folding at first, but that showed the low ppd in the HFM client also. I followed the guide and fixed the ati cpu usuage, that improved my smp ppd from like 300 to around 1500.

Just trying to figure out why HFM shows i should be getting 10k ppd from the smp client alone, its a i7 running at 3.8ghz.

Using -smp 4 and -forceasm on the smp client.


 
get rid of the 4 in -smp 4 and make sure HT is on. What are your actual frame time and what unit are you working on? Is your clock correct? Did you have a significant downtime on this machine? We'll probably need to see some of your log file to further troubleshoot.
 
Seems like its seeing the passkey on the work packets

+ Attempting to get work packet
Passkey found


 
I think you want to use smp 7 if you want to save a core for the ATI folding. Just for comparison, I have a machine that runs smp 7, that gets around 9-10k ppd. Its a stock i7 860.
 
TPF Column is the time-frame? :)

00:04:36 for an A3 P6050 Job

Its banging them out fairly fast now, just not giving me the credit HFM says each one is worth.

 
Don't you need to make sure you have 10 smp WUs? When I first started it seemed like my GPU WUs were not counted. So if most of those are from the GPU you might not be there.
 
I guess mabey the question i should of started with, is what should I be getting for PPD on a i7 860 @ 3.8ghz

 
I guess mabey the question i should of started with, is what should I be getting for PPD on a i7 860 @ 3.8ghz[/URL]

Somewhere in the 15K range running on all cores (-smp 8) with no video cards. The ATI card will probably knock a couple K off of that.
 
Looking at some of your credited WUs on EOC, I see you are getting the full standard credit on several SMP projects but you are not getting any bonus points. You may not have been meeting the preferred deadlines with your client only set to -smp 4 or you have your passkey configured wrong or it is not eligible yet (not completing 10 WUs with 80% or better efficiency).
 
Is the preferred deadline different then the normal one?

What would be the best way for me to troubleshoot it, just up it to -smp 7 and see if it comes out of it?

 
Just as a reference, my i7 860 at stock clocks pulls in around 10.5 - 11k ppd, no gpu client running though
 
Yep, looks fine in notepad to me.

Mabel I'll dump my whole config and re enter everything and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks guys.

 
Yeah, ignore what I said about not meeting the preferred deadline. Judging by how many times you are sending in WUs for full standard credit, it looks like you are completing them on time.. you are just not getting the bonus points for some reason.
 
Back
Top