Hey -- Need help with WGT624 NetGear router

GummyBear

Weaksauce
i have a WGT624 NetGear router... i'm not sure if its broken or not but it seems to be working fine when you actually use a eternet cord. but when i try to activate the wireless feature. my computer and a laptop i got doesn't pick it up. if anyone has the same router and can list there settings for me or tell me what i might have off or on that might stop me from transmitting a signal. let me know... i really don't kno why it isn't working. also how can i reset my settings on the router... i rly need help. i'm beginning to think my router is broken.

ktwebb said:
RTFM.

It's on the website if you don't have a paper copy.
+1

Reading the manual will get you the answer faster than the forums here (as it takes more time for people to respond).

Just turn all security to off or none and your wireless devices should connect automatically.

The only way to fix that model is with a big hammer.

There used to be ranting threads about the WGT624 that went on for pages on Netgear's own forums. I have no idea if they are still there or not.

Six months to a year ago, there were several vendors trying to dump their stock of those by offering $5 after rebate deals. They were not worth $5 either.

I lost patience with the one I had a long time ago and went to m0n0wall.

Back