Hey, I'm trying to find out the black level of my LCD

itachi183

Limp Gawd
Hey, I want to compare my black level to the current newer panels black levels, everyone rates them as x.x cdm/2 and such for black level (lower is better right?)

I tried to find a review for my monitor with the information, this is the only thing I could find:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/19,1164-3.html
it says
Black spot = 0.58
White spot = 300
Contrast = 517:1

I don't get it, is it saying its 0.58 cdm/2 black, that would mean it's really bad but when I look at it things look completely black lol

btw it's a MVA panel

If I look close on that test I can distinguish from all of them, I'm just wondering what the black level is rated on my monitor, a figure I can compare to the newer monitors specs in reviews to see if they have a better black lvl or not lol

What's so funny?

How does that reply help at all... If you must know that is just how I type on the internet, I like to put lol after things so they don't seem so blunt and straight forward like your post is =|

Short of testing it yourself with a colorimeter, there's really no way of knowing what your actual black level is.

Does it really matter though, or are you just curious?

Short of testing it yourself with a colorimeter, there's really no way of knowing what your actual black level is.

Does it really matter though, or are you just curious?

Well I kinda wanted to buy a new monitor, but wanted to get equal or better blacks, I guess I'll just compare them side by side lol

Back