• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Hey Feather...

It's a stock HS in a case with only 2 fans... I wouldn't be too surprised. Regardless, I'm going to have to find a better way to measure if I can't trust that sensor.
 
It's a stock HS in a case with only 2 fans... I wouldn't be too surprised. Regardless, I'm going to have to find a better way to measure if I can't trust that sensor.

I highly doubt an 80w cpu could boil water with such a minor oc... if its stable... its fine... if you burn it up... I will find another... :p
 
Alright then... it still only hits 3.3 or 3.4 tho. Hope you've got another 1366 extra spicy lying around just-in-case.
 
damnit

89402405.jpg

still has another 20+k ppd for my average to get to what it is/should be :D

hmmm...this weekend i will probably put the 2600k onto a linux install :D
 
W.Feather -11 131,710 -75 01.13.16, 3am / 4.8 Years

Oh look, you finally showed up on my threats list... good thing that new box is coming up on Monday XD
 
lol, yup, except when i looked it was 12 months ;) I really should put my OC's back up on my 1090T.....and i need my PPD to level out :D i have another 10k PPD over what its reporting...
 
Guess I will have to mess with the numbers on one side or the other ... :rolleyes:

 
stick the dog on one of you...
beast being dual dodecas :p
 
out of curiosity are you running just a big adv and three GPU clients? (trying to judge by the 2969 points every update)
 
out of curiosity are you running just a big adv and three GPU clients? (trying to judge by the 2969 points every update)

Who me? Probably not I have 1348 updates.

i7-2600K (main rig) - Win 7 other stuff running
i7-2600K (folding box 1) - Win 7 + 2x GTS 450s (one GPU's output is being sent for a friend's cause who loaned me the GPU) see here for a picture.
i7-2600K (folding box 2) - Linux 2684 dedicated box
E3-1230 (folding box 3) - Win 7
X3460 - (test server) - Win 7 brought down today after WU
Dual E5606 - Win 2k8 Server R2 - bringing down tomorrow/ this weekend after current WU.

Weekend plan is to:
1. Shuffle the dual E5606's to my storage/ Hyper-V server
2. Sell the W3550/ X3460 + motherboards
3. Transit one PSU to the Linux folding box
4. Take Linux Folding box's AX850 and introduce it to the SR-2/ L5640's that are sitting next to me.
5. Do something with an i5-2500K I have sitting around.
6. Maybe order two Opteron 6218's
 
Last edited:
Who me? Probably not I have 1348 updates.

i7-2600K (main rig) - Win 7 other stuff running
i7-2600K (folding box 1) - Win 7 + 2x GTS 450s (one GPU's output is being sent for a friend's cause who loaned me the GPU) see here for a picture.
i7-2600K (folding box 2) - Linux 2684 dedicated box
E3-1230 (folding box 3) - Win 7
X3460 - (test server) - Win 7 brought down today after WU
Dual E5606 - Win 2k8 Server R2 - bringing down tomorrow/ this weekend after current WU.

Weekend plan is to:
1. Shuffle the dual E5606's to my storage/ Hyper-V server
2. Sell the W3550/ X3460 + motherboards
3. Transit one PSU to the Linux folding box
4. Take Linux Folding box's AX850 and introduce it to the SR-2/ L5640's that are sitting next to me.
5. Do something with an i5-2500K I have sitting around.
6. Maybe order two Opteron 6218's


no....btaylor.......nice farm though ;)



btaylor...... 2.8 days......got a bloody 2684, after which ill be putting new os's on the 2600k
 
Feather, bigadv with -smp 7 on a 3.9ghz i7 920 with 2x gtx460 at 850mhz. Coming up over the weekend is a straight smp box on one of patriots extra spicy xeons (somewhere in the range of 2.8 to 3.3ghz, 4core/8thread) with a gtx275 running gpu at stock.
 
so yes, two GPU3 clients :D


throwing that SMP box---what will that net you ?......looks like i need some GPU folding.....
 
The 275 at stock should be something like 5-8kppd, and the i7 another 10-12k? I'm mostly guessing based on my old numbers, which were far from optimized.
 
hmmm.....ok.....means i wont need much to keep pace......flipping on the 9800GTX will pull me the 5-6k.....canceling out that I7 is a bit more interesintg (i can only pull another 5-8k max from the 1090T....reminds me i should take it off of stock)....

edit: damit, howd you sneak another big adv in??? You have had a quite regular routine of drop one one day, two days off, drop on the 3rd!
 
Skills? I really don't know. HFM shows me at an estimated 48-52kppd depending on unit for this box. I'll post what the other one should be getting once I'm home, which should be later tonight. Then overclocking comes this weekend, but I doubt that'll make more than a 1-2kppd difference.
 
ahh....i got stuck with a 2684 finally (streak of 3 6900's and a 2692 came to and end)....need to remember to OC the 1090T today lol, got an hour and a half till work
 
You're gonna get a jump on me in the next few days. My -bigadv rig, the one with the gpu clients, is at school, and they make us unplug everything over long breaks. Spring break starts today. Ah well...
 
lol, so i have a week to gain on you then BAM you come back up slowly......i dont think i can pull another 15k out of thin air.....


right now i'm only getting 30k on the 2600k right now :( 15k down from what i had been getting
 
The 275 at stock should be something like 5-8kppd, and the i7 another 10-12k? I'm mostly guessing based on my old numbers, which were far from optimized.

Very unoptomised, a 275 at stock should generate 8.5k PPD, over locking should get that above 9k without trying
 
That's if I can get it folding at all... it's giving me errors about missing cuda dlls, which is strange because I'm looking at them in explorer right now.
 
Back
Top