Hey does anybody know if the EVGA GTX 1060 SSC is heavy and bend like the 970 ?

Subzerok11

Gawd
Last year I got the MSI 970 and in my tower it looked like the card was pretty heavy and was like it wasn't straight cause of the weight of the card. Does anybody know if the EVGA is the same weight and length and if will do the same thing ?

Does it have a backplate? A lot of newer cards are putting a backplate along the back of the PCB to help with that. I have an EVGA 1070 SC that I've been running for 6 months or so now and there's no sign of any warping.

If it's one of the dual fan ACX 3.0 models and it has the backplate it should be fine. If you're looking at one of the smaller single fan models you shouldn't have any problems there, I don't think it's long enough to make itself sag.

Blower cards are usually alot lighter because they don't have heat pipe heatsinks on them.
Plus they don't blow dust all over your side panel window.

Does it have a backplate? A lot of newer cards are putting a backplate along the back of the PCB to help with that. I have an EVGA 1070 SC that I've been running for 6 months or so now and there's no sign of any warping.

If it's one of the dual fan ACX 3.0 models and it has the backplate it should be fine. If you're looking at one of the smaller single fan models you shouldn't have any problems there, I don't think it's long enough to make itself sag.
Are backplates actually supporting the cards or are they more aesthetic with occasional thermal improvements?

only bent gaming card I personally ever saw was an old Gigabyte GTX 670. Was super easy to bend by hand the support bar and make it straight again - good as new

Back