Hey all! How many are bored with WoW?

Jelly

[H]ard|Gawd
Im new here, and I need to get my post count up. So I figured I'd introduce myself a little, and as the title states... How many of you have played WoW, and gotten bored with it? I myself started playing at release (known as Vanilla wow now)

I was in a Full t2 geared raiding guild, and Upon the release of TBC My (now ex) wife and I switched servers to one that started up when TBC was released. My wow carrer started to dwindle after that, it became the same ol grind... Get to 70! Grind for money, farm mats, Do this, do that, Oh shit, now we have 5k gold to buy that stupid epic flying skill. Now, Grind to 80 with the release of WOTLK! Bah, Repetative much? So.. I guess im just tired of the same crap with different names and better drawn graphics. I dont feel like i wasted a bunch of my "life" playing wow... I find myself playing more and more old school RPGS for like the Snes and PS... Those were good games now... anyways, I've rambled enough!

-Shadow-

Yep me too. I quit 3 months ago and never looked back. Made sure I wouldnt return by burning all my install cd's.:cool:

Quit 4 months ago, just started getting the itch to re-install this week... somebody help me...

battle.net let you download the cds . So you dont need them

Might as well have told them there was free crack outside. :D

I quit and came back a few times to play with friends, but then quit again. There are literally dozens of threads of people fighting back and forth about quiting, but now that I am a working professional and no longer a student, the time:fun ratio in WoW can't compete with other forms of entertainment.

Oh look, Another Epic Fail. I wasnt hating. If you could comprehend the post, it said I am BORED with wow. But hey, Thanks! You give me more post opportunity!

I've never played it and never intend to. But I'm still tired of it, mostly of all the people going on and on about it. Does that count? :p

It is completely beyond my comprehension how anyone can put so many hours into anything and not be completely sick of it in short order. I generally get tired of any rpg style game long before I actually finish it, and I'm ready to move on to something new and exciting. One of the many many reasons I avoid MMO's like the plague.

There are hundreds of great games out there you could be playing - why would you want to pick up one that is intentionally designed to take over your life for months/years on end??

My reason for playing WoW was that I am very in to progression type games. I could be playing one of those text only games and as long as I am enjoying my progression with it I am completely happy. WoW for me was the mother of those types of games, I loved it to a fault up until I got into raiding at 80 then the progression was so much time per extra gear piece that I quit.

Been sober from the ol' WoW for about 3 months now. Although I will always have a special place in my heart for it. Have moved on to EVE for a while. Less face time with a comp required and I still feel that progression that I crave so much.

do a /played.

The hours i spent playing wow for 3 or 4 months, i now spend in a gym... its nice, and i have sex with chicks and stuff...

hehe... no, it's really more of some kind of buying impulsiveness... I just have way more games than I have time to play them, so I feel a need to skip around a lot so that it doesn't feel like such a waste. :p I'm quickly finding that this habbit lends itself much more easily to really short games.

I still stand by my original reasons for never playing WoW, tho.

i cancelled the game in february, but i really kind of lost interest (and stopped playing) a few weeks before wrath of the lich king came out. this, i suppose, was mainly due to 2 reasons - i was burnt out on raiding at the end of the burning crusade and the pre-expansion patch blizzard released destroyed all semblance of class balance (which has yet to be fixed until this day, 6 months after the game's release). the class balance in wotlk was the worst i have seen in 3 years of playing the game and for the first time, i believe blizzard pushed out a product to meet a release deadline rather than to maintain blizzard's fabled quality standard.

Quit playing for good right after the first expansion came out and then I was only botting to sell some accounts. I haven't sat down to actually play WoW for at least 2 years. Probably more.

Haven't been tempted at all to reinstall or play. I think it's safe to say I'm 100% done with that game.

Haven't played in months now. I keep the account open though so the kids can play but for the most part I'm done. Haven't had the desire since I hit 80 just no fun anymore.

I hit 80, did all WotLK raid content withing a couple weeks. It got boring, fast. I quit in December and only recently felt like loading it back up. Though I am not sure as my available playtime is about 4 to 6 hours a week now.

just quit last week after 4 years of playing. got tired of all the BS so im gonna take a break until http://www.swtor.com/ comes out, i am trying WAR right now but they are condensing servers which is never good, only on the 10day trial and the community is ok.

yep i just quite in march, totally decked out warlock in all the best gear and a blood elf pally with full epic sets for all 3 specs

got my red proto drake on the pally and quit the next day lol, so boring...a lot of free time now and maybe mmobay will make me some coin :/ lol

3.1 went live the other day but players will be back in the same position in a month...personally starcraft 2 and diablo 3 are what im waiting on

left for dead was a large wast of 60$ :mad:

/played... omg . Too MUCH!

/played on 70 Mage:
76 Days, 10hrs, 35 minutes.
/played on 80 Rogue:
59 Days, 21hrs, 39 minutes.
Here's the bad part.
/played on 80 Warrior
174 Days, 7hrs, 3 minutes.

So... As you can see, I played the warrior from the beginning. I transfered him to my rerolled server once they opened up transfers. And the worst thing is the warrior is in blues and greens, because everyone wants a Pally tank. >.<

Yeah, I canceled my subscriptions, too. I dislike pve and now you have to run instances to
get pvp gear. Maybe if they bring back getting xp in battlegrounds I'll renew the subscription.

I can't get into games that require a subscription.. so I never went into the abyss that is WoW.

no man u dnt kno which ur talking abot its the best game availabel toohday.

I actually had to deal with someone making that assertion last night. They couldn't distinguish "popular" from "good".

Quit 4 months ago, been playing since Closed Beta. I will probably go back when the next expansion hits, but I seriously doubt before it. I'm playing EQ2 right now and want to do DCUO when it hits.

WotLK bores me, so after I hit 80 and got a few epics I just went back to Vanilla WoW and BC and grinded out stuff I didn't have done by the time LK came out.

I canceled a few weeks ago. Wrath sucks. I've been playing pretty much since Launch. The game is ezmode now. Blizzard doesn't seem to care about the content they are pumping out, only how many new accounts they get. Can't blame them though for the current state of the economy.

I played for a few years, and played mainly hunters, priests and warriors. My draenei hunter reached 70 and arena'ed/raided into full epics, got an epic flyer, ect...

Class imbalance and time restraints drove me away... That and the general populace made human vegetables look like Einstein.
I still would like to play an mmo with my spare time but still have not found the perfect match. I really enjoy Warhammer, but taking three studio's this semester has driven me away.

I downloaded WoW again a week or two ago for the trial, as I had not played in over a year, but after 30 mins I remembered why I left.
I wish I would have purchased EVE instead ~5-6 years ago instead of WoW, it is the only MMO that has seemed remotely interesting to me in the last decade.

Vanilla WoW was awesome. Then TBC came out and killed any sense of progress you had achieved and any type of meaningful interaction with other people in the world. Made it a lot easier for me to quit.

Thank you all for your opinions... Its nice to see how many people agree that Vanilla wow was the best. I hear uldar is pretty hard but Im not holding my breath.

/played... omg . Too MUCH!

/played on 70 Mage:
76 Days, 10hrs, 35 minutes.
/played on 80 Rogue:
59 Days, 21hrs, 39 minutes.
Here's the bad part.
/played on 80 Warrior
174 Days, 7hrs, 3 minutes.

So... As you can see, I played the warrior from the beginning. I transfered him to my rerolled server once they opened up transfers. And the worst thing is the warrior is in blues and greens, because everyone wants a Pally tank. >.<

I can assure you, the real world is much more fun that WoW.

Give it a try man, you don't need that crap.

Vanilla WoW was awesome. Then TBC came out and killed any sense of progress you had achieved and any type of meaningful interaction with other people in the world. Made it a lot easier for me to quit.

This is true, the first one or two years of WoW was great, then it became too popular and got overrun with children.

I'm almost 3 months clean... I still get questions from people and I tell them I quit they look at me in awe and usually say either
1. Why?
2. How?

I'm bored with it and I dont even play it.
Lost a good friend to it !

This is true, the first one or two years of WoW was great, then it became too popular and got overrun with children.

I handle children much like I handle my own. We wipe example "Oh godz u suck me ballz cry cry cry"

Me: /kick
/ignore<name>
I know longer care to play the game to see who has the bigger e-peen. Once I started being a dick I found out there were many adults like me who have fun with this game still. Find a guild of like minded people it helps.

Back