Hersheys to Create 3D Chocolate Printer

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Maybe I’m old school and resist radical changes in anything, but this thing with finding weird and strange things to 3D print is getting out of hand. Hersheys announced the company will partner with 3D Systems to produce 3D printed chocolate confections. I rest my case. :D

“Whether it’s creating a whole new form of candy or developing a new way to produce it, we embrace new technologies such as 3D printing as a way to keep moving our timeless confectionery treats into the future.”

It's pretty smart. They can then sell "chocolate tubes" to fuel the printers. $$$

I could see this being a novelty thing but that is it. not exactly something they could do for large scale sales

I could see this being a novelty thing but that is it. not exactly something they could do for large scale sales

I didn't read the article but I assume it's more for people in the baking business for custom orders.

I didn't read the article but I assume it's more for people in the baking business for custom orders.

that could be. article really didn't say much.

In a statement, 3D Systems said making printers that print chocolate is a good way to help the relatively new technology go mainstream. Hershey sees it as a great delivery system for its products.

"Whether it's creating a whole new form of candy or developing a new way to produce it, we embrace new technologies such as 3-D printing as a way to keep moving our timeless confectionery treats into the future," said William Papa, head of research and development at Hershey, in a statement.

That is the important part of the article.

That what all those custom cakes and shit that used to have every damn channel in the world have a show on creating them are... novelties, but they apparently are big business.

That what all those custom cakes and shit that used to have every damn channel in the world have a show on creating them are... novelties, but they apparently are big business.

Yeah, I am aware of that. I have looked at the prices of cakes they show on Cake Boss, and damn..

My comment came from the fact that the article stated it could help Hershey make up new types of candy and to produce them. I was just saying that I didn't see that part happening. I could see special things being made in a bakery for a cake or something like that. Or you being able to get a special thing made to say a special message (I love you, congratulations,...) but that is it. I don't see Hershey being able to make up a new type of candy bar and make hundreds of thousands of them an hour to roll out to every store around the world. But I can see it being great for the smaller types of creation and do see this being a very neat product.

I was thinking that the best valentines gift you can give to Otaku is a chocolate statue of EVA-01 or a Gundam. I think there was a feature on TV before of a model in a bikini posing for a chocolate statue of her. Would anybody pay for a mass produced, 3D printed version?

Hell, you can make your own chocolate 3d printer by eating some of those new Haribo sugar-free gummies. :p

I already 3D print chocolate out of my ass 2x/day.

Simple add coffee to adjust consistency and color to preference.

Back