Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Yes, go for the GT, 16 pipes vs. 12, and SM3.0, HDR, and possibly SLI. Not to mention you can OC slightly to Ultra speeds without having to worry to unlock anything.
Thanks for the help guys...after I posted this I reread the review of the 6800GT OC form [H] from last year and I didn't realize how easy it was to overclock these things to 6800 Ultra speeds not to mention Im running a Nforce3 board right now and I do want the extra goodies that the 6800 offers that the ATI "x" series do not.
I think I will be getting that 6800....yeah I'm running a 6600GT right now, but just want that extra bit of power and actually want to keep my current rig intact as a secondary gaming machine when I upgrade to all the new ATI crossfire stuff early next year.