Here's How Long You Would Last In A Zombie Apocalypse

I never posted that to be scientific reference it was just what could possibly happen. This whole news story is not real anyways and it is a what if scenario nobody really knows what would happen.

The "what if everyone walked away" from a nuclear power plant scenario IS something all the engineers plan for when they design the plant, so they DO know what will happen. I agree no one really knows the whole zombie scenario in truth, but the nuclear aspect is pretty well understood.

The "what if everyone walked away" from a nuclear power plant scenario IS something all the engineers plan for when they design the plant, so they DO know what will happen. I agree no one really knows the whole zombie scenario in truth, but the nuclear aspect is pretty well understood.
In addition those places are not exactly unsecured they have armed swat officers guarding them 24/7 not just one or 2 either and the facility themselves are typically walled off with measures to prevent things like trucks and planes from being able to breach the perimeter. They do NOT fuck around when nuclear material is involved...

And if i remember right the SOP for disasters like pandemic is to turn off the public utilities and such to prevent secondary attacks.

In addition those places are not exactly unsecured they have armed swat officers guarding them 24/7 not just one or 2 either and the facility themselves are typically walled off with measures to prevent things like trucks and planes from being able to breach the perimeter. They do NOT fuck around when nuclear material is involved...

And if i remember right the SOP for disasters like pandemic is to turn off the public utilities and such to prevent secondary attacks.

If the zombie contagion is airborne or from non-conventional sources, these armed guards will be the first to turn. It's how it always goes...

If the zombie contagion is airborne or from non-conventional sources, these armed guards will be the first to turn. It's how it always goes...
If it is airborne it would probably kill all but say 1% globally with just the initial symptoms remember with diseases it is not like flipping a switch there is an incubation period and symptoms leading up to. I'm not saying the guards would be immune. But if pandemic occurs there is a standard operating procedure sending things into shut down securing the facility and evacuation are all parts of it.

You're correct on the security measures. They don't shut off the public utilities though unless necessary for things like downed lines or gas leaks. The loss of power or water to huge areas just complicates the disaster response.

You're correct on the security measures. They don't shut off the public utilities though unless necessary for things like downed lines or gas leaks. The loss of power or water to huge areas just complicates the disaster response.
I Donno for sure but I think protecting the infrastructure is part of it so not all of the public utilities being turned off if a global pandemic occured I think water and gas distribution at the national level would be turned off electricity might not depends on disaster scenario and what simulator runs indicated needed to be done as for what the SOP is.

For example say a d6 scenerio is declared a d6 scenerio might detail a biological attack. As such measures to prevent spread would be initiated turning off contaminated water sources might be on the list distribution of bottled water and such.

I Donno for sure but I think protecting the infrastructure is part of it so not all of the public utilities being turned off if a global pandemic occured I think water and gas distribution at the national level would be turned off electricity might not depends on disaster scenario and what simulator runs indicated needed to be done as for what the SOP is.

For example say a d6 scenerio is declared a d6 scenerio might detail a biological attack. As such measures to prevent spread would be initiated turning off contaminated water sources might be on the list distribution of bottled water and such.

Part of the problem is that public utilities are not controlled at a national level. Everything is pretty much down to a local level for that sort of control. The goal of any type of disaster response is to control the spread of the event and not impact the surrounding areas. If there's a bio attack in one county, you're going to need power, gas and water to all the surrounding areas, otherwise you have no where to take the casualties, no where to stage the response teams, and no where to move the survivors.

Cutting off water can have some nasty consequences, even if you have suspected contamination. How do you put out fires with no water? What about power plants that require fresh water to operate? How about industrial and commercial uses of that water?

Part of the problem is that public utilities are not controlled at a national level. Everything is pretty much down to a local level for that sort of control. The goal of any type of disaster response is to control the spread of the event and not impact the surrounding areas. If there's a bio attack in one county, you're going to need power, gas and water to all the surrounding areas, otherwise you have no where to take the casualties, no where to stage the response teams, and no where to move the survivors.

Cutting off water can have some nasty consequences, even if you have suspected contamination. How do you put out fires with no water? What about power plants that require fresh water to operate? How about industrial and commercial uses of that water?
As far as industrial and commercial use if a pandemic situation were occurring i think the least concern would be keeping manufacturing machines going as for power plants most water is done at local level what i am talking about is the national grid there is gas and electric grids that move at a national level there might be water at that level too but not 100%. Depending on the situation i would imagine those plants would go into shut down and use local backup water sources... We have mobile methods for bypassing grids and such I don't know the emergency SOP for pandemic and quarantine but if shit is that bad i think there are bigger concerns to worry about...

If you ever want to read books that do a smarter interpretation of the zombie apocalypse you should read "The Remaining" or "Arisen" book series. Both are written from a Soldiers perspective, the latter being more geared towards veterans and deals heavily with Military stuff.

Always looking for books to read and the Arisen series sounds great. I had an Audible credit to spend so here we go!

First of all, studies like this are just a ridiculous waste of time and money
HEY! It's no more of a waste of money than all our research on vampires (Garlic or no garlic? Silver bullet or wooden stake?) or Werewolves. Each has equal merit, and the sheer number of people debating this is demonstrative of how out of touch with reality the population is.

Always looking for books to read and the Arisen series sounds great. I had an Audible credit to spend so here we go!

The Remaining has a tighter, better story and has completed, but it still featured a bit of "omg why did such and such make such a stupid mistake", however Its only 6 books.

Arisen is told from the perspective of, the last remaining pieced together Delta operators squad made up of rangers, delta and foreign units, a welsh captain that gets sucked up in the fight and at times the last remaining marine unit. It's pretty good but its very complicated and features a lot of military speak even I had to look up the meanings of. The other problem is it's still going. I think the end is near but its on like book 13 or so. The benefit of Arisen is literally no one ever makes moronic mistakes. bad shit usually just happens.

As far as industrial and commercial use if a pandemic situation were occurring i think the least concern would be keeping manufacturing machines going as for power plants most water is done at local level what i am talking about is the national grid there is gas and electric grids that move at a national level there might be water at that level too but not 100%. Depending on the situation i would imagine those plants would go into shut down and use local backup water sources... We have mobile methods for bypassing grids and such I don't know the emergency SOP for pandemic and quarantine but if shit is that bad i think there are bigger concerns to worry about...

There is a lot of commercial industry that HAS to keep operating to keep people alive. Take a city like NY or LA. If the commercial shipping shuts down, they will be out of food within a very short time. It's kind of a moot point, since there really is no national zombie outbreak response plan. A big pandemic like flu or anthrax or some other bio-type threat does have local response plans and national response plans. But in real life these things move much slower than the movies, and there's no big plans for shutting down entire power grids or gas distribution systems nationwide. In reality, they'd handle it on a case-by-case basis as directed by FEMA or whoever was running the show in that area.

zombies! What a laugh.Light up an other joint and pass it around.I didn't get a good hit the first time.

Stoners will be among the first to succumb. But they'll be okay with it...
;)

Back