Here we go again....

swale

Limp Gawd
Just got crysis warhead If i play for couple of mins i get the nvlddmkm error message popup and the game crashes. any ideas what could be happening???

p.s old crysis was fine anyone having same problems???

You are not alone I am having the same problem . I though my card was overheating , 8800gts 640. But according to HWmonitor and GPU-Z max temp is 70c .

From my experience, Crysis is very sensitive to overclocks. Are you running any overclocks at all?
I generally get nvlddmkm messages when my memory is clocked too high, artifacting when my shaders are clocked too high, and crashes when my core is too high.

You didn't mention anything about it, but when I run Riva Tuner to adjust the fan speed, and play Crysis, Crysis (and Warhead) crash. It only happens with Crysis, not any other game.

Like I said, may not relate to you, but I found it affects me. I'm in Vista 64 when this happens, BTW.

using 177.98 betas buy the way

Those have been horrible drivers for just about everyone who's tried them. Almost everyone went back to the 177.92 drivers after trying these. Just a fair warning....

yes I think they are possibly rubbish too, performance in.....crysis warhead (again) is rubbish gonna try 177.92 see if its better

I'm running the 177.92 drivers and get between 22-47 FPS with custom settings on Warhead.

The 177.98's are crap.

You didn't mention anything about it, but when I run Riva Tuner to adjust the fan speed, and play Crysis, Crysis (and Warhead) crash. It only happens with Crysis, not any other game.

Like I said, may not relate to you, but I found it affects me. I'm in Vista 64 when this happens, BTW.

Thats funny that you said that. Warhead failed a couple of times, and all i did was up the North bridge voltage and it solved the issue. However, when i let crysis wars play its intro movie it locks up at the very same spot. I get that blue screen that says hardware malfunction contact manufacturer. So now that you mentioned rivartuner, im going to close it and not use it to adjust my fan speeds. Im also going to lower my NB voltage to rule out that as the original problem.

Back