Here I GO!!!!! Advice! ;)

swirly

Gawd
Hey guys remember me? My pc like blew up ahaha, well, I am at it agian, Before I start again, I need some help, what should I strart with first in a computer build?? And do you know if any fans come with the Aspire X Dreamer II ?? And where do my two extra fans go? And does th tray come off the case, I don't wanna mess up my motherboard.. last try, pray for me.. I think I am starting it next friday!!!!

Yeah, I remember you. :( :eek: :(

My advice for you this time around:

A: Buy prebuilt. Either large OEM or a small shop.
B: Have someone build it for you while explaining what everything does, where everything goes, and how to install it.
C: Read a shit load of books and online guides before you start.

Your questions:
The Xdreamer does have a removeable motherboard tray although, the back panel is not removeable like on some higher end cases.

Every Xdreamer I have seen (about 5) included 2 fans - 1 top mounted blowhole and one side mounted blowhole.

There are 2 spots on the back of the Xdreamer for 80mm fans as well as 2 or 4 spots (depends on model) on the front of the case for 80mm fans.

The first thing I always do is cable management then the motherboard, cpu, and ram. After that I install the optical and hard drives.

yes seek as much advise as possible.... as much fun as blowin stuff up is....

good luck,
-P

my very first mistake while building my very first computer: forgot the mobo risers....fried the motherboard, and exchanged the ram, vid card and cpu just in case...so remember the risers.. :p

Yes, I remember you *groan*

Advice?

Build the system outside of the case first if you're new.

Yes, we all remember you.....:D

What I said before still applies. No dis, swirly, but you really need to get a buddy that's done this before to help you out. You'll learn much and slag far less hardware in the process.

FWIW - B.B.S.

swirly said:
Hey guys remember me? My pc like blew up ahaha, well, I am at it agian, Before I start again, I need some help, what should I strart with first in a computer build?? And do you know if any fans come with the Aspire X Dreamer II ?? And where do my two extra fans go? And does th tray come off the case, I don't wanna mess up my motherboard.. last try, pray for me.. I think I am starting it next friday!!!!

Thank you and Goodnight.

But seriously have someone help you this time. Here is a pretty good guide I found. Take a look at it. It will help you out with the basics. http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/

hey dont feel bad my friend almost did the same thing, he called me up and said "hey can you help me build my computer" so i come over and the mobo is screwed straight down to the mobo tray i was like AHHHH! he was about to turn it on he just wanted me there to make sure he didnt fuck up, thank god right?

People like you really worry me lol

IMO if you don't know the internals well enough to be able to build a computer without struggle, you should either
A) Get Prebuilt
B) Have your friend do it and watch (If you have any 1337 friends :p )
C) Hope you get lucky and don't end up throwing all the $$$ u just spent out the window :rolleyes:

I built my pc before but I am more scared this time because it would not recognize my hardrive.. Dunno why but I have an abit av8 motherboard and it just stayed on the Bios screen and posted but never went and read my xp cd.. Any answer?? Maybe the bios wer emessed up, I got a new board but i am afraid..

Do any of you live in New Jersey?

Back