helpplz

EnFoRcEr!!

Limp Gawd
help plz!!!this is not enforcer this is his dad *ZhG*violent old man

Well guys and gals this is my problem, i just put together a new pc and it worked great for about a month,but now it seems to want to get me some shit. I have a asus p4p800 deluxe MB,a p4 2.8 northwood processor, asylum 5700 ultra 128 vidio card 6 fans 3 with blue lights after market heatsink/with fan,and i am running xp pro,microsoft intellmouse/usb anyway when i play cs it will play great for about 20min than it just restarts or goes down to 4 fps and i cant get it to restart at all untill i put in safe mode or start at an earlier time when it worked fine,im not running much else on it so does any think it could be my 400 watt power supply,like the guy said from BFG industries said it might be or do you think it could be the vidio card, any response will be welcome and thanks for your time.

I THINK IT IS THE VIDIO CARD OR OVERHEATING....PEACE VOM

It sounds like something is overheating, possibly your video card or maybe even your processor. Have you opened the box and felt the HSF on either on when you are having the problems? Let em know.

keep a close watch on your CPU temps whne you start to play CS use Speed Fan or something similar to monitor them. what kind of PSU do you have? if it's a generic brand then it might be a PSU. i was working on a computer for someone that restarted when they played games or watched DVDs and it turned out to be bad RAM. just a few thoughts. btw: what kind of RAM do you have?

I agree with the heat issue, open the case and take a look for anything that looks out of the ordinary. Leave the cover off and put a fan on the side and try running a game for results.

Enf here...

Yea, I told him my guess is he has a back stick of memory in there. I already gave him the URL for the memory test. I was thinking overheating, which is probably due to the fact that he only has 1-in fan and 1-out fan right now, both on the side panel(with 4 front fans for circulation), but he hasnt gotten the 60mm yet for the back. Also, he said that his sound cuts out right before it turns off, leading me to think it might be a sound driver problem also. We'll see how it goes I guess.

sounds like overheat, either CPU or Video card. Make sure fans are spinning
heatsinks are not full of dust
proper contact is being made w/t the die.

g/l

thanks guys for the info but it turned out to be the RAM 1 stickof my RAM was bad i used memorytest 86 3.0 and i tookthe RAM out andit worked great thanks again VOM= violent old man

Back