help..

krueL

Limp Gawd
"Warning" (Please install one RAM Module in DIMM 2 for single channel operation, and 2 Modules in DIMM 2&4 for Dual Channel operation) I'm using one stick of ram.. does this mean that i need to move my one stick from DIMM 1, to DIMM 2? im trying to get my new rig going, (see sig) and i dont have windows installed yet.. main reason being, that when i go into the bios, and i set it to where my cdrom is my first boot device, then save, and exit. I reboot., and i get no post. SO, to be able to get post again, i have to clear the cmos, and then i get post, but it doesnt save my bios settings that way. i was wondering that maybe the ram situation had something to do with my no post after setting the boot preference in bios?

What bios version are you running? I had no luck with my Ultra-D and dual cores until I switched to the 6/23 bios. After that I had no problem. I wouldn't worry about the memory if it posts regularly. When I set mine up, I had to move the RAM around to all different slots to get it to post, but then once I flashed to newer bios it was fine.

Back