Help?

McDeth

Limp Gawd
So I got my water cooling running great, low noise, low temps on my CPU, but theres one problem; I can't OC anymore.

Before when I had my delta screamer and 2 huge 120's blowing directly onto the mobo I was pushing [email protected] on my Barton 2500 XP. Now with the water cooling I can't even overclock at that vcore, I have to push it all the way to 1.85 (!!!!!) before its even stable enough to get into Windows, and even with that monster voltage it still freezes sometimes.

The only thing I can think of is that the two 120's that were blowing onto my GPU and Ram was what saved my ass and allowed me to do that overclock. Right now at 1.85 vcore I'm sitting at 35c at idle, and 43c at load, which isn't even that bad, but its still freezing.

Damn, so I payed 300 bucks to lower my noise level 100db's? :p

Well North bridge and memoty and Voltage regulators must be cooled too. Hence water block on CPU is not substitude for cooling that is provided from HSF fan wich next to a CPu circulates air over mobo. Water block is cooling just CPU core and mobo and other parts need some air circulation.
Well considering that You doo not emit too much heat like from Your HSF allready on low speed 120 mili good positioned will be enough to cool NB , MEM , VRM and mobo it self. That will not add to much noise but will efficiently cool what needs to be cooled.

Good luck.

MD

I bought the NB cooler, but it didn't really change anything. I haven't seen any RAM water cooling kits though.

I think that your waterblock is not seated properly, therefore not providing good overall cooling to the processor.

Also, you do know that losing 100db is like going from standing right next to a 747 on takeoff(literally) to absolute silence :)

Well, that would probably be an accurate description of my previous setup then... :p

As for the waterblock not being seated properly, I don't think this is the case, as I've never seen my temps as low as they are right now. Most of my problems arrise when I try to also overclock my memory, which doesn't have any waterblock on them. I recently stuck a box fan against my case just to see what would happen, and its killed almost all my lockups.

get better memory then :) Seems like your memory cant take the heat...literally.

Erasmus354 said:
get better memory then :) Seems like your memory cant take the heat...literally.

Its Mushkin Level 1 DDR 400 Matched Pairs, it better be able to...

Also, you do know that losing 100db is like going from standing right next to a 747 on takeoff(literally) to absolute silence :)

Heh... I didn't want to be the smart ass who pointed that out. 140db is the pain threshold and right around there is the point that you have permanent damage to your hearing. I think The Who concert that held the record for the loudest concert for years was something like 130db. So if you lost 100db you've certainly made your neighbors a LOT happier. Heh.

Back